Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Interested in getting any Military Records? .....:thumbup:

Ron J

About a 6 weeks ago,i had snooping the Web,for any history, regarding Coast Guard vessels,different Lifeboat Stations etc,that my Father may have been stationed at. In searching Military.com ,i found out you can print a form, and with the proper information,name,Social Sec #, or govt assigned #, you can receive all military files related to that person, if its your own info,or your relative. FOR FREE! NO CHARGE! I printed and faxed the form,and anxiously awaited my Fathers Records. Monday i received them! I received copy's of every one of his enlistment papers,discharges,transfers,beneficiary forms,home addresses,monthly salary,rank advancements,and where and when he was stationed. Its almost like reading a diary.I can't believe all the information. Spent almost 4 hours,reading and documenting by years, my Fathers life history, from 1924 when he lied about his age,(17),till he retired in 1951!I can track when and where he spent his tours. I plan on documenting every thing,by year,and also acquire photos, and postcards of every base he was stationed at. Most are still there,either abandoned,or some building still standing.All locations were either C.G. Lifeboat Stations or Coast Guard Lighthouse Stations between Rhode Island, Cape Cod,to Portland Maine. Mostly stationed on Cape Cod,at a few locations. I gave the same form to some fellas at work,and they are proceeding to retrieve records for either themselves,or their Fathers. Great info,and i find it SO hard to believe it was FREE,from the Govt,and the postage was courtesy of the Taxpayers! RJ

n/t

I, for one would like to have the URL of
the site you are refering to.I want to thank
you also, for the great pictures you have posted.