Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Info on old bottle

I was given an old bottle that my sister found while out in the back country of Idaho. It's a clear glass "Old Quaker" whiskey bottle. 4/5 QUART on the bottom, cork top and embellished with the profile of a Quaker and stalks of wheat underneath. Can anyone tell me anything about this bottle?

This might help. It was published by Time Magazine online.

Old Quaker, "A Friendly Whiskey," has been made in the U. S. for 50 years. Today it is marketed by a subsidiary of Schenley Distillers Corp. Some members of the Society of Friends object mildly to Quaker Oil, Quaker Oats, the Quaker Line, Quaker Novelty Puffing. But they object vigorously to Old Quaker whiskey. They object to Old Quaker's implicit identification with the "purity and integrity" of the Quaker faith. They resent the implication that Quakers drink; they aren't supposed to. The Society is displeased that the Old Quaker trademark is a picture of William Penn, standard-bearer of Quakerism in America; that some Schenley advertisements have featured a photograph of a whiskey drinker in Quakerish dress.