Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium dies again, 2nd time in 1.5 months.

Rockpile

Dang, My new Infinium dies again this morning just about a hour after beginning my hunt. Same problem as it had when new a little over a month ago. The first one worked fine dry but as soon as you ducked your head underwater it went crazy. some sort of interaction between the UW headphones and the coil. It would always work fine till the headphones got submerged. Garrett replace the whole thing as it was brand new. The new unit along with UW headphones worked fine for just over a month and several hunts. I guess the headphones are the problem but I will talk with Garrett tomorrow. I am sure they will want the whole mess back again and i will lose a month of it's use. Very disappointing again. I was just beginning to like it. fortunately I have my CZ's ready to go. It still works when dry but that is not why i own it.

Talked to Garrett this morning. They will send me a shipping voucher to return this unit again. Will be about a week lost waiting for the voucher. They have no parts in stock so could be sometime getting repaired. They did not even have any Underwater headphones for a replacement . Hate not having my machine. Shame to pay so much for things that don't work for long. Looks like Garrett will have this machine for a fair share of the warranty period. How good a deal is that. At least the folks in customer service seem nice and try to help.

I'm sorry that happened to you. Just darn crap luck! At least it wasn't made in China and a real challenge to get any service at all. I think Garrett owes you big time. Hope you get back hunting ASAP!

Well, Garrett is OK but seem to be short on QC. I talked to Customer Service and first they said they had 6 units in stock and would send a new one. They called back an hour later to inform me that those 6 units were going to their dealers and it could be some time before anymore are available. They sent UPS a shipping voucher to pick up my unit and get it back for repair. Second problem is that they have no Submersible headphones in stock, the suspected problem, and don't know when they will get them. That is not real great when this thing is only 2 months old from time of original order and has already been replaced as original was defective. It had about 35 hours run time. Had it been my decision I would have sent the screwed customer (me) one of the units on hand and let my dealer wait for the next run. I am not pleased with Garrett but it will all work out in the end. I certainly would not recommend any friend to go out and purchase one of these though I might recommend it to my competition, LOL. Heck, I am 72 years old and those days of missed hunting are more important than when I was 21, LOL. May not be too many left, LOL. Good thing I have my favorite CZ 20 still up and running.