Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium and Minelab for gold./best?

Go4tips

I have explored the forums and online foe my best choice for my new detector to buy.

I want to hunt some gold in New Mexico and Ariz as well in Texas .
I want it to be able to put in wet streams as well as dry beds.
I also hut the gulf coast for rings.
I have narrowed the search to Infinium and Minelab Eureka Gold .

I am able to spend around 1000.00 to 1200.00 .
I own a whites surfmaster for the beach and i was hoping to use one detector for all my plans.

Gary
Texas

If you decide on getting a Garrett Infinium you should check A&S Company. I purchased brand new one in Jan. and it came with the complete package plus and 8" mono coil, free shipping, for $849.00 total.

Yep!:thumbup:A&S Company rocks!:yo:They've got the best deals!:garrett::detecting:Happy Hunting!:)

For the same price you could get a 3000, you will have much more coil options, you need the sensitivity, especially at depth, small nuggets is what you will find. If you want big nuggets though, you can get bigger coils, something which you can't get for the infinium.

But for around streams, it's the Infinium hands down, plus you can use it as a beach machine in the off season.

PennyFinder

You can use gp's and sd's for rivers and streams as well, there are lots of waterproof coil options. For beach and u/w detecting I would go with the Infinium. I have an Infinium myself and have used gp's and sd's.

Don't get me wrong, I have a SD2200 and a GPX4500 and they are fine machines. It would really spoil my day if I slipped on a slimy rock or something and accidentally dropped one of them in the drink...there goes $5000. I'm not that affluent as that to say it wouldn't bother me.
This is where my Infinium is king, not to mention the downpours of rain-forest where I live in on the West Coast. The Infinium is a pretty handy little detector for hiking in the bush and mountains as you are not tied up with battery cords, packs, bungees, hip-sticks and such.
Use the right tool for the right job.

PennyFinder

My Infinium gets a lot of good gold rings that other top of the line detectors either disc out, supposedly read as junk or are out of range. In fact, the Infinium works best in areas which are regularly hunted with other metal detectors. That's been my experience....

John-Edmonton said:
My Infinium gets a lot of good gold rings that other top of the line detectors either disc out, supposedly read as junk or are out of range. In fact, the Infinium works best in areas which are regularly hunted with other metal detectors. That's been my experience....

I agree with John on this one!!!:thumbup:

I love walking behind other hunters to see what they miss with their "top-of-the-line" machines:bouncy:

:usaflag::garrett::thumbup: