Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Indroduction

Ricardo_NY1

Hello Everyone,
New here and to the hobby in general. I've been detecting since last October, started out with a Discovery 1100, upgraded to an ACE 250 and I've been hunting the past month and a half with my Explorer XS which I got second hand off Ebay. It's helped me find four silver dimes so far, three Roosevelts and a merc. I'm pretty active on another forum, but noticed that the Minelab forums here are packed with info. My hunting buddy LI Tom pointed me here. I hunt mostly parks and always on the trail to find a silver coin. I'll post a photo of my last finds with the Explorer. Me and LI Tom were hunting a park where Tom had pulled out a merc a couple of weeks prior. This past Saturday we gave it another go and I ran into a small patch in the park that produced a wheat, and then went on to produce two more, along with several clad quarters and the bent up medallion thing in the photo. I got a good I want to get out the top of the screen cross-hair postition signal and dug down to about 6 inches and out came this 1926 merc. Best shape of any merc I've ever dug. It has a ding on the neck which I don't believe I caused. It just blends to well as opposed to the shiny one I might have inflicted. This one ended an about two month slump with the mercs.

All the best,
Ricardo

That 1926 Merc is a High Grade one at that. Just too bad it has that knick in it which will knock any value down a Grade from what it would have been worth. It really don't matter too much though when you find a High Grade Coin with or without a knick in it, they sure are Beautiful Coins with Excellent Details. There is one good thing here though! If this Park holds High Grade Merc's in the 20's (which means that the Coin was dropped very early in Circulation), you can bet that this Beauty isn't the only one left to be found, along with possible Barber Coins, Indians, and V-Nickels. Hope the Luck continues for you and your Hunt Partner and HH. Oh, and Welcome to the Explorer Forum! :thumbup: