Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Indian Heads?

Arrowtosser

Where do the indian heads show up on the screen (nto digital numbers) and how close do they sound to lincoln cents? I find lots of silver coins and tons of clad but my indian head count is rather low for what I think I should be finding. I wonder if I might be seeing and hearing them and letting them lay.

You will know when you get them due to Depth (Indian Heads) and they should read 25 on Digital. Hope this helps. Good Luck and HH.:detecting:

Thanks and its just my luck/fault. I have zinc's ( I call them "stinkin zinkins") all tuned out in my head. I pick that sound out and keep on trucking. I better start watching closer. Thanks.

But don't forget about the fatties(1859-1864) they will be much lower.

If you know your at a site that isn't filled, and you get anything from 23-26 on Digital 5" or Deeper, you better dig it. It will either be an Older Wheat Penny or an Indian Head. Sometimes on 25, you can nab yourself a Nice Gold Class Ring also, since this is where those hit on the Meter, at least the Larger Ones do. Good Luck and HH.

My experience has been 24-25-26 for Injins...digital #'s....but in your dirt they may very....and also any other targets close to any coin will make them slurr a little diff. ....on the smart screen they will be lower than any zinc or older memorial penny or wheat....they are close to screw caps same but a little to the right...but can be very similar to screw caps so don't discrim. screw caps out, the height is the same but a little higher than screw caps....just get you some cheap indians from friends or a pawn shop...and figure it out by yourself....but like I said the ground you hunt in and surrounding targets will make a diff. and also I am using a older XS Explorer so the SE or II may very...the more you find in the ground you hunt will make you more alert to what you have to listen for and see on smart screen and digital #'s.....nobody can help you, just guide you along......