Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Index tagging for post

Buddysox

Hey Bryce, something I have been thinking about and wanted to pass it by you and see what the other members thought. I know that the forum has a search feature but it's very generic and hard to really get what your looking for in past posts. Most of the time we are looking for specific info that has probably been discussed and the question answered already. but we don't know how to find it . Just run a search on Coil Test and you get an answer of anything that ever had the words Coil and Test in it. No one has the time to wade thru all that.
If it was possible that the site could be enabled to " TAG" Posts. These tags would be shown as subjects like COIL TEST, SENSITIVITY, BATTERY,DEPTH,DIGGING TOOLS, SETTINGS, just to name a few. This way a member could bring up all posts about that subject. I think that the moderator would be a good person to decide what goes where and if a post is tagged at all. The only reason a moderator would Tag a post to any category would be if it seems it is good info on a certain subject of interest and would benefit members now and later looking for that same subject. With all the experience that's on this forum I believe in a short time we could have an easily accessible library that most sites would envy. I stress that the posts would be viewed exactly as they are now and run their normal course in the forum. It's just that a member could chose from a list of subjects and bring up all posts related to it. I'm not a Geek but I do know that programming for this is basic stuff and not hard to do. Just throwing a suggestion out there Bryce, I know you ain't the head cheese, but maybe you can pass it on. Thanks

That is a fantastic idea.
I have had the same problem when doing a search. You have to wade through tons of info until you finally find what you're looking for. Sometimes you have to re-post the same old topic with the hope that another member will give you the same answer you were looking for.
If your taking votes then put me in the yea column.