Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

in response to Paul and Steve's post below............

Greg from Mi.

I thought My ears were burning Paul
I think the explorer has 3 things going for it that has improved my and a lot of other peoples finds.
1= it does go deep. The 1st year I had it I found my deepest smallest find. A civil war token the size of a nickel but made of copper that was about 13 to 14 inches. My digger I used then was 12" and as I was digging it I took note that I was deeper then the 12 digger.
2= DD coil. makes the detecting Field like a box of cereal not a cone like non DD coils.
3= With the explorer you if a penny is a zink, regular, wheat, or Indian. Sometimes its a little off but for the most part its very good. Lets face it we only have so much time to detect. and if a person can find and dig 20 targets in an hour but most will be zinks if you in a old park people use today then most will be zink. However if someone goes to the same old park he can chose to no did the zinks and dig 20 better chance targets.
With the explorer I can say yep another zink and keep detecting trying to find say an Indian
Greg
PS before someone responds and tell me you cant really tell the difference let me say that for a teaching class at one of our detecting clubs seeded hunt a guy took 20 targets and placed them in between two coffee lids ( plastic ) and we had to guess what they were. I ( or anyone for that matter ) got right all the different pennies even the large cent.
I skip the zinks at old parks that people still use today ( loosing zink ) however if I'm at an 1800's home I dig more targets numbers as I wont be digging tons of zinks.
I guess you could say I just trying to play the odds with how much time I have to detect by skipping the zink numbers at the public places

I know personally that I can tell what type of cent I am digging with my Explorer!

I've talked to Terry,goesforever, along with some of the others and they all said that their Minelabs gave them more, better and deeper finds. Somone like Steve and his experience would be a terror with a multi-frequency (Minelab machine). Minelabs are heavy and slow though. Swinging one of them in 105 deg. heat would be killer also, literally!