Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

In 2 weeks we have the annual WaterSkip event.

moving forward at a good clip. If you watch the first clip, the short jump one, I think in the 3rd jump, his sinks. They just keep and
empty 1 gallon jug tied to a rope to it so they can hook the loop in it to pull it up. If you look at the long clip, a couple of those sink also and I think the boat called the U-dunk -it has one on the deck hanging off the hook. Looks like a pontoon boat with a winch and boom on it. Its fun to do. Its 2 times a year here, The first Sunday in July and first Sunday in August. A lot of bikers, go, snowmobile folks, just a great time. If you turn on the audio in the jump click you will hear them all going nuts when they sink. They have them back up and running pretty quickly. The spray wd-40 in them pull the plugs force the water out and back out there. They have jump contest, drag races and them 3 to 6 against each other racing in a loop around that island so they stand more change of sinking if they slow down on those turns..... They also have a mud bog run, let me see if there is a clip of it..... Fun day. My wife loves it as we sit by the jump and the back corner so they spray us all the time for kicks. Fact, think I have a picture of one I took here just before he drown me or just after................................................Ah ha, I found them.....I took these last year. You can see the boat to pull them with, the one in the red right next to be and behind him is one giant spray that is about to drown me. Just a fun time, lot of laughs...No one cares if they sink or get drowned by spray...Its usually hot anyhow....

All that keeps them up is speed across the water. Some times where we sit, those weeds you see in front of my camera, get run over, and us drown...

George

I wonder if some of those wild kids at LBJ Lake would be good at doing some snowmobile water racing...we could ship them up there by the train load. All they do down here is terrorize everyone while riding those little water motorcycle jet ski boats. Kelley (Texas) :)

Snowmobile Water Skip in Union CT

This is the web site for the Nipmuck Trail Riders. They hold snowmobile rides all winter, and hare scrambles for dirt bikes all summer and fall along with these water skips. This is the home also of the Nipmuck Indians Reservation. Really woodland area and many areas of it you would swear you were in the woods of Maine or New Hampshire. I will get some pictures from there on my bike. I go up that way pretty often as I like to ride the dirt roads there as they groom them.

Geo

to close the the rafts or beaches where the kids are. Most lakes here now have up bouys and lines marking the areas they have to stay out of plus they put in in the Connecticut Inland water rules also. Big fine now if you do go by the rules. A lot of towns only allow them on the lakes from 10:00am until 7:00pm and some band them on Sundays so people who own homes on the lakes can get to enjoy some quiet... This pond we are on is private for the Water skip. In the middle of 400 acres all man made pond.... He is and older guy so once he passes on, his daughter said she would never let horses, dirt bikes or snowmobiles on the property again. Not sure why, but she hates all of it. yet, he and his wife love it and do it for FREE....and have been for years. They are in their 80's and still get around quite well. He was quite the dirt rider in his day also.

You would have not problems doing it. Good balance from horse riding, ride a bike, piece of cake. Just twist the throttle and keep it moving forward. Stop on the water, your wet....

Geo

Your friends must have more money to spend on fun than I do for sure.:super:

never dreamed how far it would go! We thought it was a big deal to go straight across a couple hundred feet of water! Mind you we were doing this in winter/spring, going from snow or ice to cross shallow open water.
The new "paddle" style tracks make all the difference i am sure.
Loved the videos!:thumbup::thumbup:

dropping a very hot engine into water has got cause some problems eventually if not sooner. No four strokes, right?:biggrin:

it belongs out there now...UNTIL engine quits. they are down fast.... Funny, we though it was fun out behind the cow barn to come off a big hill and skim across the pi$$ pond out back there, or at least it smelled like it.... We were always trying to get some to fail while crossing it..... Only 100 yards or so but it was fun.... Now these things take off in 10 feet of sand and thats all they need to be up on top with enough speed. Bottom line its a lot of laughs and they and the spectators enjoy it. I've never seen one not start later on after they forced the water out etc. I assume they water proof it as much as you can, and other then pulling the plugs to get the water out of the cylinders they seem to fire off pretty easy, all things considered. Drain the carbs etc. I'm wondering how it works with these new injected system. I'll pay more attention in the pit crews this time and ask around. See if I hear any horror stories. None of these new machines are cheap anymore. Big bucks to be playing yellow submarine with....

Geo