Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Impossible! I'm of the body of Christ.

newnature

If Satan cannot touch the body of Christ, then why did Paul instruct us to put on the armor of God, to resist the devil, to stand firm, and to be alert? If we are not susceptible to being wounded or trapped by Satan, why does Paul describe our relationship to the powers of darkness as a wrestling match? Those who deny the enemy

And if I may add; "These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they WILL cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; Mark 16:17

Notice how Jesus didn't say, "Could, might, maybe, perhaps, potentially..." no he said WILL. The biggest lie the enemy has been able to get good Christian people to buy into is; "I'm a Christian and Christian's can't be spiritually oppressed, I've accepted Jesus!" That's about equivalent as saying, "Now that I have Jesus in my house, cockroaches can't enter." A person can have ALL the Jesus in their hearts, but if they have a dirty house (mind, body, soul), the cockroaches (demons, evil spirits, unclean spirits) WILL get in... and stay until they are "CAST OUT".

A great example of a strong defense against the enemy is Ephesians 6:10 by putting on the armor of God and Jesus gives us the biggest Blessing of a strong offense in Mark 16:17.

Excellent post New Nature and thank you. God Bless!

Greg

Amen brother. We must forever be on guard against the evil one and his evil angels. I am reminded that I can do all things through CHRIST WHO strengthens me but I must stay focused and connected to Jesus, spiritually, emotionally, and physically.

Like you say Ma,it's easy to see the effects of "the darkside"every day of our lifes.Every time you watch the news there is more and more bloodshed,more hate,more greed and more people giving in to a way of life that quite frankly can be seen as evil.Sometimes it is tempting to give into a way of life that is easier and benefits oneself to the detriment of others.....i hate to admit it but I have come close on a few occasions.I don't mean that I have nearly given in to doing something really hateful or something that would do physical harm,just things that would benefit me in a way that may be a little dishonest......an attitude of "well they are doing it so I will".
Luckily I have always found the strength to overcome this as I know that once you start thinking like this you are on the rocky road to self destruction like many are already.More of an understanding for each other,less greed and less selfishness can defeat the dark forces but unfortunately they are strong and too many people are influenced by the thoughts of self gain while not thinking how they are affecting the world around them.
When I have a lot on my mind and start thinking a little off line,i go and sit on a bench in the churchyard of our local church.This is one of the most peaceful places I have ever been,i feel safe and totally at ease with myself and this allows me to reflect and re organise my thoughts.....i feel stronger here and make better decisions here than I do at any other time or place.
It's a shame that more people do not take the time to reflect on their lives a bit more....it can help them become better people which in turn makes for a better world with more good and less evil.

be able to stay in my home as long as I have, but now is the time to get it sold and move on with hope in Jesus' name that I will get out of debt and stay that way! God's Word says to not do that but it seems most of the people are in debt to their gills one way or the other! Also, in many other ways it is easier to do as the world just to have peace for a little while, and that is all it is...for a little while....satan never rests and is constantly stirring up our weak flesh until we've more power in God's Holy Spirit to chase Him away and not let him upset or disturb our peace with Jesus! I don't want to harm anyone but sometimes in some way we might just do that in word or deed, but Jesus is our Advocate between God and man and intercedes for His own when we seek and pray for His loving peace and understanding which He gives to us abundantly when we ask and obey His Holy Word! We are weak human-beings but in His joy, Jesus gives us strength to endure and overcome all things, even the trials we do go though and the world's sins we face, daily! I used to have peace when metal-detecting while talking to God and enjoying His beautiful creations! May God Bless and give us peace in the midst of the storms for it is a stormy world! :sad: :angel: Ma