Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm with Bryce-IL....

dirtykneesrus

I too want to thank you all for the info and inspiration you provide.
I finally got out with my new bullseye coil and hit an old home I had hit many times with the stock coil. There is a good bit of trash there and this little coil was outstanding!
I was able to isolate targets and get close to things like never before. I did manage to squeeze out a couple of keepers...the best being a 1902 indian. Also found a 1952 nickel and a 1941 wheatie.
I noticed that my deepest target was only a couple of inches down.
Is this normal for this coil?
I was able to turn the SIG\BAL a little past the preset.
I had heard somewhere that with the smaller coil I would have to sacrifice some depth. Is this true?
Again, thanks for sharing your insight and experience with all of us.

[attachment 61044 new.jpg]

it is possible to acheive better depth than a few inches!..my feeling is maybe you did not "hit" anything deeper,or maybe your ground balance was off,and you needed to re ground balance the detector!..that coil depending on the various soil conditions, should get coins at least down to 6 or 7 inches or better!.
(h.h!)
j.t.