Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

im new here

twinner

ive been into metal detedting for a long time.i got away from it for years tho.i had a 5000 whites and an eagle sl.im gonna buy a new one and am torn between the xlt and the mxt.i live in central pa and do mostly coin and jewelry.any suggestions?? thanks in advance

Eagle II is hard to beat. I have had many detectors and I keep going back to it for inland coin hunting. You can buy used ones for around $300.00.

well i dont even own one now.i have to buy one.i want either the xlt or the mxt.id like to get the xlt but the forums kinda leaning me towards the mxt.im mostly coin and jewelry detecting.school yards a nd parks and older yards.thats why i would like some feedback.again thanks in advance

Welcome Twinner!
This is a fantastic forum! Chuck full of information. Some of it even useful.
If you plan on hunting just for coins and jewelry you might want to consider the MXT's quieter kid brother, the [Mighty] M6.
I have one and I'm quite impressed with the depth and performance of it. But what the heck, Spend the extra hundred bucks
for the MXT. You never know when you might want to go horseshoe and nugget hunting! I'm thinking about trading my M6 for one but
I hardly venture out of town for it to be worth my while. Anyway, glad to have ya aboard.

help me with this.i can either have a new xlt or anew mxt or an xl pro for half the price.mostly all inland detection. what would be the best choice?the xl pro is in new condition. thanks tim

But my first choice would be the XLT for the varied ability and simple go to settings..The Eagle is double stacked, and, it takes a little experience to get it doing the same thing. The 6.59 frequency is simply the best coin frequency you can use...I know a lot of you will argue that point..but you must admit it picks up the Silver , and other coins really easy..Some of the higher frequency machines love the iron.....So for limited iron go with the XLT and you can set it for just about every scenario you would want.

You can use 5.3, 6", 8", 950, and 12", and 15" coils. A very good combination for all around hunting.

If you don't mind the little bit of extra weight and not having a warranty, Go for the XL Pro. It is a very good machine.