Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm leaving..headed to Fisher f75 land!

Arrowtosser

No idea if this is smart but with all the research I have done, I have an F75 on the way. I may be back. The EXII isnt for sale yet but it is going in the closet so I can go 100% with the fisher. I watched a guy locally run one and I was very impressed. I'll keep you posted.

cool ...so now all ya got to do is tell us where you took the f75 so all of us can go hunt it:devil: ....don't worry your explorer wont be collecting as much dust as you think it will...you will come to your senses sooner or later...I'm betting sooner:thumbup:

One thing I will say is that an Explorer does rather well around powerlines in my experience compared to some Fisher CZ-3D's I've had, the high gain Coin$trike, but not as good as my CZ-70. Since I hunt around old houses with the old style powerlines, EMI is a problem...I couldn't even use an X-Terra 50 at some sites...now the F-75. It seems that the gain is so high particularly above and below certain disc levels that it can be a real problem, along with chattery and noisy/unstable appearing compared to the quiet Explorer...but there are two sides to that one since you can hunt MUCH faster with the F-75. I would give it a try...if you don't like it you can always sell it. The Explorer built quality is hard to beat as well compared to the F-75. Please let us know what you think after you spent the time to really learn that machine. The Explorer gives the most target info out there except maybe a talking Garrett :)...I'm still amazed how some guys can call what type of dime it is with an Explorer by the ID and especially the tone...the Explorer is an amazing machine...as is the F-75 in learned hands...HH

Have about 250 hours on the F75 now and over 6400 hours on the Explorer ... LOVE EM BOTH :clap: and I hunt with BOTH, and each has it's strengths and weaknesses.
You will love the feel of the F75, great battery life, cool back-light and it's fast hunt speed, no doubt about it ,but what these folks don't discuss about their F75 is that it actually sees so much more metal in the ground that YOU WILL HAVE TO SLOW DOWN with it anyway to get a good reading most of the time. Places like trashy old home sites where there is a lot iron mixed in with the goodies (targets everywhere) .... you might as well hunt those site first with the Explorer. Low and sloooooow gets the job done right the FIRST time anyway !!!
Wide open fields and such, especially plowed fields ... the F75 will eat the Explorer alive on ground coverage and hunts every bit as deep too.
Separation quality in heavy target areas is very good with the stock coil on the F75 and AMAZING with the small one, again with exceptional depth ... but I still find more silver with the Explorer and a 8" coil than I do the F75 on these kind of sites, maybe that's just how the odds have went so far, but it is what it is ... the Explorer is still the Silver King where I hunt and never gets dusty from closet visits :lmfao:
Yeah ... keep em both and you'll have the best of both worlds.

Mike

I was really hoping the F-75 was going to pull more coins out of some of my favorite sites. So far not so. I did get the small coil and will try again. I think they are equally deep, but the Explorer has better ID at depth and the two axis display gives much much more info about what is in the ground. I agree about having to slow down even with the 75. They say swing it fast but if there are multiple targets close together it does mess with the ID, I've been doing a minelab wiggle with it with good results.

Also was hoping a single freq detector like the F-75 would do better in town around power lines. Not so, seems to do about the same as the Explorers.

The worst problem with the F-75 is that it loves bottle caps and other round ferrous targets. Almost to the point to when you get a really great sounding signal know that it will be a bottle cap. It does seem a little better about falsing on square nails then the explorer.

F-75 is certainly easier to swing, pinpoints easily, great battery life, and other pluses. I think at this point I'm going to keep it; though at this point my main girl will be the XS.

I've used both the T2 and F75 and run at 0 and 3 tones. I dig all good repeatables. Again, this is in field hunting where most fields are 1700s.

What I've found is that round ferrous objects when you move the loop down past the heel will iron grunt; also moving the loop up and down with the object at the outside edge will do the same-non ferrous targets don't do this.

I understand thats a good way to check for crown caps too. I'm just learning the T2

Holy smokes! I got it yesterday and took it out for about 15 minutes in the basic "quickstart" setting. This machine is incredible. I dug a little lead kids car at 14 inches at LEAST. The car is a little over an inch long and not very heavy. I wish I had run inside to see if the EXP II would have seen it before I dug. This is in my hunted to death back yard. The signal was clean and clear. Minelab has some serious work to do. I'm leaving work at noon and headed to my local pounded out park to really put this thing to the test. I have certain places in this park that I have hunted, re-hunted and then rehunted again every which way. Some of these spots have been "cleaned out" as far as my abilities and my explorer can do. If this fisher pulls more silver, I will be amazed. I'll let you know.

Hello,
I am a new member urb2165 and considering buying an SE. However, like many others have said I would be interested in hearing more about the switch and your results. Between now and then I would keep both MD's and use them both. Wish I had the opportunity that you have.
Happy Hunting
urb2165

I took it out yesterday and had a decent day but it is definitely different. Here is my first day opinion.

Likes so far....

This thing is light...super easy to swing this one all day no problem.
The screen is 10 times easier to see and read than the explorer.
Pinpointing is incredible. I have never seen any machine that pinpoints as good.
Simple to change settings. I had no idea what most of them did, but I switched stuff all over the place yesterday and its easy. I also like the simple way that i can put it back to factory preset.
I know it goes really deep. The first night I got it i found a tootsie car about 14 inches deep in my back yard. I complained above that it didn't seem to go very deep yesterday. I think its because I am so used to swinging the explorer really slow. This machine needs to move quickly. I will test that theory on my next outing if i can force my brain to move it fast. It took me a long time to learn to slow waaaaay down with the explorer.
This machine is definitely better in the trash. No question this is going to be a better machine for hunting parks, fairgrounds and other places with pop tops.
I found 3 nickles yesterday. If my machine says the number "30" its a nickle. I was very impressed. I almost never got nickles with the explorer. I liked the stuff in the upper right corner on the explorer even though I ran mine wide open.
The notch setting is awesome. I notched out pull tabs and it still found nickles, way cool feature.

NOW THE BAD....
Its like starting over. Everything I learned with the explorer DOESN'T apply with this one. I am pretty sure this one needs really fast sweep speed.
I dug at least 20 rusty bottle caps yesterday that I thought were good targets. Very rare with the explorer.
I have hunted this one park for years and I ALWAYS came home with silver coins and a handful of wheaties. NEITHER one yesterday. I have pounded the places I went yesterday but Am 99% sure if I took old reliable out there at least some wheaties would be in the pouch. If the fisher isn't as good on silver, I'm switching back to the explorer. I mainly hunt to find the silver coins. I'd trade a full day of digging clad quarters for that one almost smooth barber dime! I have another local spot that is still loaded with silver coins and usually a ring or two. I couldn't get in there yesterday (road was closed). I'll take the fisher down there and see what happens.

Stay tuned folks and NO, my explorer isn't for sale just yet.