Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm getting the EX 2 out of the closet......

Arrowtosser

Freaken Idaho winter is finally breaking. I may need a backhoe and ice fishing spud to dig but I am gonna give it a shot this weekend. The very last place I hunted last fall was virgin. I hunted for exactly 2 hours 1 Sunday morning and went home with 5 silver rings and a handfull of clad. It's loaded to where I could hardly sweep without a good signal. Unfortunately it snowed on me and froze hard as granite....hopefully I can dig this weekend!

Good luck when you get to hunt. I don't have any virgin sites around here. a local club and a few people with some good knowledge and good detectors hit most of my parks often but noone gets everything.

I went out for a couple of hours to what I now call the "Clad factory!" This is an old school originally from the 1800's and it must be 100% virgin. There is a newer school there now. One of the sidewalks has "1920" in the concrete. I cant seem to move the coil a full left to right sweep with hitting a good signal. The trouble is, its loaded with clad. I spent 2 hours and only dug dimes and quarters. If the curser wasnt pegged upper right, I left it. I only hit the place 1 time last fall for a couple hours and found 5 silver rings. None this trip but a big handfull of clad. Never thought I'd say this but I could actually use a few kids with cheapy machines to come in and clean out the clad so I can find the good deeper stuff.