Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm finding melted non ferrous metal. Should I be keeping it?

waterdog15

Finding a lot of what looks like melted metal. Nonferrous, feels to heavy to be aluminium. Is there a relatively cheap way to test these to determine what they are?

Absolutely, keep it and test it for gold or silver. What conditions are you finding it in? Can you post photos? Any shipwrecks near by? Does it feel heavy like lead, is it white like lead? Is it green, like copper or brass? What color and has it been in the water. Well try to help.
TNBob

I'll post a pic tommorrow. The piece I found this weekend looks like silver and has no pitting, corrosion or color. I hunt in the surf on the Alabama Gulf Coast. Yes, there are ship wrecks around here. We had one uncovered by Hurricane Ike recently. I'll post a picture of it. It coincidentally was burned to the water line. A lot of history here. To test for silver or gold is there a kit or something I can buy?

I have also found melted metal but on the east cost of Florida and have been told that it may be from the space shuttle challenger disaster on 1/28/86. yours may be from the shuttle Columbia disaster on 2/1/03, it disintegrated upon re-entry loosing all souls on-board. I was also warned not to try to sell this on eBay (something i would never dream of) Federal prosecution if you get caught. Hope this helps.