Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm back in action....but what a week!

Dan-MO

Finally got the piece from my ISP to get my DSL back in action after several phone calls, threats to cancel my contract, and gnashing of teeth. In the meantime it has rained nearly every day -there is widespread flooding with many roads closed and many who have lost their homes.Our house is not in danger but we have 6 inches or so of water standing in our lawn with no place to go.We usually start putting out a garden this time of year....but as muddy as it is it might take a month before the ground is dry enough to work. I also had a bit of a scare with the old ticker a couple of nights ago.....blood pressure spiked....heart beating rapidly....cold sweats...and swelling of my hands and feet.It resulted in a trip to the ER where the news...(after a battery of tests) was good....nothing wrong with the heart and probably a alergic reaction to some sea food I had eaten.All in all I have had better weeks. I found the following that I believe I posted here a couple of years ago it seemed to serve as a reminder to me that my worst weeks are better than many folks best days. Please forgive me for the repost.

I hear on the news that recession is near
And gas and food will cost us dear
And the experts say it

and far worse than others. I look around me and thank my blessings.

This getting old crap is better than the alternative .........so far

from all the water. Glad your holding your own and staying above the high water mark. I hear ya on the bads could be someone else's good day. My feelings are, if your eyes spring open in the morning, good or bad, your still in the game.

George-CT

Glad you are back with us and all is well!
Who cares if its a repost, that is one very fine poem and observation:clapping:

That had to be scary. Flooding is never a picnic though. Just glad here that your house is avoiding the worst of it. Love your disposition and outlook Dan.....it truly is a source of strength and the inspiration for the great poems you write. Serves to remind us all of what matters in life...:thumbup: