Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Iffy Tones

massdigr

Went out for a couple of hours today. I have had my Quattro for about a month now but due to the weather and my job I've only logged about five hours so far. I have found a couple of dollars in clad but not much else. I'm not sure what to dig...I have been hunting local parks here in Fall River Ma.. They are quite trashy...I get a lot of iffy signals...numbers are unstable,Tones change,sometimes disappear all together. I haven't taken it out of factory settings yet.Ive just been trying to get comfortable with my new machine.Been out with the stock 10 inch also have the 8 inch excellerator. Haven't found anything deeper than 3-4 inches yet. I know that the Quattro is capable of finding DEEP stuff by what i have read here.Just wondering if there is something i am not doing that i should be or vice versa. The parks i am hunting are old and should have some deep targets.I guess ill just keep practicing and wait for the worm to turn. However any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated. I think this forum is great. Oh yeah i run noise cancel quite frequently as well so that cant be it.All said I still have a good feeling about this machine even though i don't have much for a basis of comparison. Last machine was a Radio Shack. It was also my first.Did real well with it so i have high expectations for the Quattro:detecting:
One more thing just how deep should I be expecting to dig I don't want my expectations to be unrealistic;)
HH Rick

mainly with the 8" coil for awhile until you get used to the machine then switch back & forth from the 8' to the 10" coil. Iffy signals is your option to dig or not to dig. If the visual ID stays pretty solid on one number more then the other, I will usually dig it. A lot of the time, if numbers jump it's because theres more then one target in the hole or near the hole.

Also, run the Quattro in the least trashiest places that you can until you get accustomed to the machine. I know with the DD coil, I dug quite a few ghost signals or empty holes, but not with the 8" coil. To me, that DD coil takes some time to get used to.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the feedback. I am feeling a bit more comfortable with my Quattro. I got another couple of hours in today before work. I was able to pinpoint a Little better today. I was using the 10 inch and used the wiggle technique with better success than my previous outings.I still have problems using the pinpoint mode The wiggle technique seems to work better for me so far.

HH Rich,