Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Iffy signals patterns

gjedda63

Alot of good target is just hard to find due to masking and great depth and my mission for next year is to find more of them. Signals that I usually ignore is signals landing on the 1-37 range, id jumping aroung with broken sounds, signals good in one direction but silent 90 degrees.
I hope to hear which iffy pattern that you suspect are good targets and decide to dig and what pattern that you just know for sure is iron. I`m fairly good at avoiding iron but I`m sure I ignore good targets once in a while.
If I get an iffy signal on the left side of the screen I always dig because its nearly always a good target but on the right side its a different matter because if I dig all of those jumpy iffy ones I would have to bring a lorry to store all the iron.
Would you for ex. dig every jumpy signals on the right side which have a fairly steady co although the fe numbers goes all the way from bottom to top?

Another thing is that most of the targets I dig is shallow, a few is fairly deep and once in a while some really deep ones. I am talking about detecting on fields that are ploughed each year so the targets should be evenly spread vertically. It is no doubt that many of the iffy signals that I get is deep good targets and the big challenge is identifiyng and separating those signals from iron.

If the signal sounds good but I'm not certain cause of real low Ferrous no or deep signal I Just hit the quick mask button and leave the quick mask screen wide open if the cursor goes down to the bottom and or the bottom right hand corner and stays around there at the bottom of the screen area (FE30-35) it's been junk!!!!

If the cursor only goes down to say the 30 ferrous area and higher up range (30FE back up to 12FE area anywhere in there) and bounces around up and down a bit or tries to climb up slightly back towards the higher ferous range (middle part of the screen) I dig it as it can be a masked target with iron trying to drag down the ferrous number and cursor or it's deep and hard to read but sounds good. That is why I've turned DEEP on and am leaving it on for now as it's supposed to help the numbers (FE and CO) to give a better read out on deeper targets.