Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

if you ever get tired of the rat race and need to get away

david(tx)

check this place out.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/25/national/25loving.html?hp&ex=1140930000&en=a7ff735cc7ef7510&ei=5094&partner=homepage

I hear tell that someone built a stock tank back in the 1930's and it took ten years for it to fill up from the "run off" from the few rain showers they get every few years. Anyway, the rattlesnakes were stacked up three deep over two miles around that stock tank...all wanting some water. That stock tank was dry within three days. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :rofl:

i was going to mention in the post that if you ever got tired of the rattlesnakes in the city,you could head out to mentone,where the rattlesnakes may be friendlier:).it might be tempting to head there for the solitude but i would hate to get my water hauled in.

although there are some places just southwest of ft.worth where they have to have their water hauled in because theres no ground water in that particular area.

oh well,it's been a long time since i've been out that way,but out there neighbors have to count on one another.

find solitude,i bet i would get tired of it after a little while,and with so few people everyone would know everyone's business,in the city you can kind of hide.have you ever been to kamloops,it seems a pretty good sized town for that far north,must be a supply town for people farther north,now that i think of it i guess prince george would serve that purpose.

However, I do like the lower tax idea though :)

sunny skies, calm seas

M

cold in the winter. Prince George is seriously cold, often gets 30 below zero in winter! I always admired Texas but could not take the heat nowadays :biggrin:
I have a nice private, quiet acreage here, about 7 miles from a town of 6000 and a mile from a gas station/convenience store. I avoid the cities as much as possible.
Wayne

net service yet? He is on the school board and says dialup is good enough? What a dork.

I have told people about his complaining about his neighbor poluting his ground water with a septic tank, a thousand feet away from his property and his blue berry fields going unpicked because nobody will pick for him.

It goes to show that no matter how small a town is, the turds seem to end up running it.

I would still love to live there though:wiggle:

being able able to leave a bike in your driveway at night and it be there in the morning is worth a lot to me. Seeing animals from your deck and taking hours long hikes in the woods, without seeing another person, especially during the week. Kayaking twenty miles of river, every day if you want and usually seeing no more than a couple people is worth the long drive to the grocery store to me.

There is no event that Detroit or Pontiac put on, even free ones, that I would go there for. Super Bowl? Not a chance. City's are not safe

It is looking better. The high speed tower construction contract has been let and they should be built sometime in the next couple of months when the weather warms up. :thumbup:. So Lets say by May[???] we should be able to enter the 20th century!! Kicking and screaming, being dragged by the hair.... but entering nonetheless. :)

sunny skies

M

PS. Remember that funeral we went to when you were here. Well we have been doing a fair bit to help the lady [Terryl] out.Just being good neighbours and trying to help out.No ulterior motives. However... As a result, she let me buy Banjos' old 1964 Land Rover. It is in pretty good shape and when I get it home this week, I weill post a picture of it. Runs, and no rust with lotsa parts.

I asked her if any family members wanted it but none expressed any interest and she knew that I will do a resto on it so I guess that she knew I would take care of it. :)

M

House unlocked [mind you, anyone still has to get by the little raptors]. Yeah, there is a lot to be said about country living :)

calm seas, fair winds
M