Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

If you could change or "fix" something on the T2, what would it be?

Dan in SJ

I recently did some relic hunting with Mike Scott and Lupe G of First Texas (and a bunch of other T2 users) and Mike asked me to send him an email afterwards on what improvements I would want to see made on the T2 - i.e. for his future use if they ever put together a T-3 :) I've got some pet problems, and I know the forum has some too, so list em here under this post and I'll combine them into my reply to Mike..........

1 - stronger springs in the battery comparment and/or turn them over so battery weight isn't on them

2 - waterproof (or at least make it water resistant) the control housing, display, and coil

3 - strengthen the coil wire connection at the display module - too flimsy, inner wires break too easily

4 - Relocate the coil connection so it isn't so exposed, doesn't get snagged on tree branches, etc.

5 - Relocate the on-off switch to under the control bo (like one of the forum users did recently)

6 - ??

Dan in SJ

I'd put a little non-volatile memory in it so it can remember what it is set to the next time you turn it on. I admit it doesn't take all that long to reset it to the settings that work best where I hunt and the ones I prefer but it would be nice to not have to do that each time.

I also second the relocation of the on-off knob - I've accidentally turned off a few times.

Other than that I can't find much to squawk about - the T2 is a pretty nice machine as it is :)

I agree with all the improvements proposed. I would also change the speaker location. I don't know if mine is faulty, but without headphones it is not easy to hear the beeps because it's located behind your arm.

I've had 3 and they all were messed up out of the box.

Now to brass tacks..

1 - Let me choose my tone break point on the Disc. setting in 2- tone.
2- More resolution in iron disc range.
3- Last settings memory.
4- Smoother all metal mode.( too erratic of threshold)
5- S-pole configuration..Like the f-70 but keep trigger switch.
6- Better stand on bottom .falls over to easily.

These things might entice me to buy another one..

Keith Southern

Back when I just received my T2 (Revision 5) I did a write up comparing it to my Time Ranger (2nd version). I noted several things then that would still apply today.

Waaay back on page 65, here it is: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?58,285617

-Ed

I wish this unit had a backlight. I find stuff all the time and have to stop because of darkness.............

I would add the backlight, and the ability to save your last settings. It's so easy to setup that frankly that isn't a big deal but it would be nice to have.

I would also like a bit more of a number range for the target ID. That way it would have a little more spread between similar items.

Now that the small coil has been put out there, I won't need to add that one.

Notch would be nice as well.

Also in a "perfect world", I would love to see the ID able to work as deeply as the audio circuit does. Again, that is perfect world, it would be nice, since you asked :)

And I would LOVE to see Sunray make a probe for it. Ralph you'll be my hero if you do that.

Again perfect world here, but a better way for it to identify rusty bottle caps would be wonderful, though I know they have the 3b mode and so on for that.

Other than that, I can't think of anything as it's top notch in my opinion. I've used a number of excellent machines including Minelab, Whites and Tesoro, and to date my T2 is my favorite. And the other detectors were all very good in their own right and a person who took the time to learn them can do well with them, don't get me wrong, I just love the T2's depth, target separation, light wieght and ergonomics (the best there is that I've seen) and battery life. Batteries on this last forever.