Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

If it's brown....it's down. If it fly's...it dies! {LAST PART}

Dan-MO

We must have waited 20 minutes or so while old Jack chased whatever he was chasing in that thicket.Whatever it was was running circles in the thicket but wasn

A family, undoubtedly in need, had meat for their table. Nothing immoral about that. That may not have been the initial intent but it was the solution. And a good one it was ! I shudder to think where any of us would be if we were to be held accountable for actions taken in the heat of the moment. I fessed up on a few things with my folks too........in the presence of their darling lil' grandkids.:lol: They did exactly what we'd do with our own kids. Shake their heads and smile. What a great tradition those hunts had to be.:thumbup: Food for many beautiful memories, no doubt. Loved the story........and the outcome.:cheers:

There was no intent involved and you were a kid like i was! Excellent story and i did not mind waiting, been busy:)

In my errant youth, I took a couple of deer out of season. Not that I was being a delinquent [at least I do not think I was]. It was just that the family had very little money. We made do with what we had, but without that venison, we would have been pretty hungry for a long time.

Now, when I hunt, I am very selective about it... but back then... well times were different. I cannot say I am proud, or ashamed; it is just what we had to do to survive back then.

fair winds

M

And ate lots of wild game myself back then.Even my dad would have found no fault with folks feeding their family with whatever means necessary.I knew people who might have starved if not for the meat from the woods or rivers.In our case this was not the case we lived on a farm and usually always had plenty to eat.Dad was just very much against us breaking game laws when we didn't have to have it to survive.Thanks for reading

n/t

I certainly didn't mind the length. Heck, after some of my ramblings on this forum, you can see why.

What a good story to have in the ole' memory banks. It is a story with love and some deep-seeded meanings. And even though you thought you were going to get into some deep trouble, and even though you had to keep something from Pop (an act of of pure self-preservation) I know it is still a sweet memory of a special Thanksgiving Day.

Today is a Thanksgiving Day. I thank Him for His mercies made new every morning (Jerimiah) and am reminded how I am supposed to forgive if I expect Him to forgive me (Mark Ch 11) and for the friends like you I am so blessed to know.

Have a good day and thanks for taking the time to write these special words of your childhood and sharing them with us.

Now, where's that corn. :lol: <><

aj

and father that taught you good values. You were blessed

Thanks for the contributing!!

thanks for sharing with us a piece of your child hood. You guys were lucky that your father didnt ever catch you!:lol:

Little Brother