Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

If anyone has a moment--Question Ebay

ojm bc

Could you let me know in general terms how it works,I find all there info pages overwelming for me.And my main question what is the safest method of paying fees,without using paypal yet.Any start up experience you may have would be greatly appreciated.I want to sell a few items I do not need. "thanks again" oj bc

with it. I just bought a couple things on there today and have sold things but am really not the one to ask.

I've found is via money order, I prefer Postal money orders, Wal-marts money orders can be expensive if it gets lost,a few of mine did. Cashiers checks work good or cash. I never take personal checks and I was using Paypal, but they have fee's and I just didn't like getting all the phoney Paypal emails with scams, made me way to nervous. Money orders are pretty safe.

Don't let anyone contact you and say I'll send you a check for more and just keep what you need and Western Union me the rest. Tehy can go to any Western Union on the planet and get YOUR cash. You will get nothing...

All kinds of scammers out there if you do a lot of big ticket items. They love to play games. Money order, I ship when the money is in my hand.
Read their profile, see if they have good reports on their purchase or sails. If less then 98 percent I don't deal with them unless they have sold thousands of items. Hard to please everyone... Or read the reasons for the bad reply and try to reason if it was legit.

Thats the short of it from my experience on Ebay.

Paypal is fast for sure but just leaves me uneasy. I canceled it.

George-CT

I try to only deal with big names with lots of positive reports.

I got a dang turkey just relaxing in the back yard. Just a roosting on the ground waiting for some human to throw out some corn :clap:

was to open a checking account at a separate bank apart from my other business banks and I have no other interactions with that bank.

The checking account is strictly for my ebay account and it's accociated fees.

I keep just enough in there to conduct ebay business and periodically skim off any excess. ($100.00 balance is my pre-determined risk, nothing more).

Ebay has that account number and withdraws it's fees from there.

Six years, so far so good.

quite a few GTO parts,and other items. Got lazy,so i mostly buy now. When i sold items,i always requested Money Orders. Paypal is owned by Ebay. It allows anyone to pay anyone,through their credit card or bank account, IF your a member,which is easy to join. However as others have stated, Do Not reply to emails sent to you FROM Ebay,or Paypal.They could be bogus,although looking like the genuine site.Ebay or Paypal will never ask you to "update" your address's or accounts.If i recieved an e-mail from "either",i do not open it. I sign-in myself,to check my status. I use Paypal frequently,but i only sign in, on Ebay,or if i asked someone to send me an invoice for a purchase. I always sign out after making a payment,right away. I have paid for some items, from private sales on Craigslist.I ask if they have a Paypal acct.,if the seller does,i ask them to send me an invoice. Never had a problem. TRY Craigslist! It free,and you can post the items for sale locally,check it out! One last thing... If you are gonna sell on Ebay,or want to get an idea of value, search on Ebay for the item,and see what it's selling for,or if its even a hot item! As others have also mentioned,check thier "feedback" number,and look at it!(the number next to their username) This help? Rj