Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

IDX Pro

massdigr

Just looking for some input. I have an opportunity to get a used IDX Pro . How does it rate overall? Is it a deep machine ? Will it hit well on silver/gold ? How deep on average will it go. I know a lot of these questions depend on ground conditions, how well i know the machine ect. I'm just looking for some feedback from someone who has owned one

Thanks HH Rick

Do a search for Monte's comments. He is the resident White's expert. I believe he comments favorably.
Mike

I have one for sale in the classifieds, It has the MR Bill mod and the extra 5.3 bullseye with extra shaft. I love this detector and have mixed feelings about selling it but I want a gold detector and can't justify the cost w/o selling the IDX pro. It's in excellent condition.
BTW what part of MA are you from? I'm from Falmouth origionaly but I've been in Colorado about 20 years, imagine me sending my MD all the way back to my home town to get the MR Bill mod, sheeez!
HH John

:crylol:Sorry I got carried away, to answer some of your questions, it goes as deep as any of the $1000 machines except maybe some minelabs and a nautilus. It's not great on small gold although I have found a few mens wedding bands. It's a very stable easy to use machine. Most coins are 3-5 inches but I pulled a quarter at 10" (that I buried) It's a great coin and relic machine. I started out with a classic SL111 and sold it and then bought an MXT, I kept the MXT about a month and traded it back to the dealer for a new IDX Pro, If I knew I was going to get gold fever I would have kept the MXT but at the time I didn't have an ATV and wasn't going up to the mnts much so now I have the yellow fever, lots of old mines out here above treeline and that's where most of my future hunting will be.
HH John

Maybe I'll have to sell the extra 9mm I have and snap up your IDX Pro?!

Monte

I rate them excellent.

I don't have any issue at all regarding their depth of detection.

I switched over to the Classic series after I used the Classic III Plus, and when they went to the 'SL' configuration I have had my greatest overall success with a Classic III SL, Classic ID or IDX Pro during the years since their release.

Oh, I have done well with other detectors, such as the XLT or my deep-coin seeking XL Pro or MXT, M6 and some competitor's models, but:

Geez Monte your making me feel bad about selling this, your the reason I bought my first Classic SL111! I'm afraid if I do sell my IDX Pro I'll probably be looking for another one in a couple of years.
HH John:lmfao: