Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

IDX Pro Modified VS New M6 &Prizm detectors

btnmoneymover

What would a comparison be of a IDX Pro with Mr Bill Mods to say the New M6 or the Prizm detectors? I don't care about the bells and whistles. I mean depth and Disc & Trashy area. On a 950 coil ?:shrug:

Based on using the 960 coil only the Classics (along with the XL Pro) easily put the newer detectors in the weeds for ID, decent seperation and depth. JMHO

Tom

Stay away from the Prizm line at all costs. M6 and MXT both have the same killer VDI numbers and are well known as great gold ring detectors for that reason combined with their higher frequency. The M6 has more tones and is perfect for coin or ring hunting in trash with that combined with the VDI. The Classic is a lower frequency machine that might hit deeper on silver/copper at depth but then it doesn't have the wide assortment of both larger and smaller coils for it. Strap a 10" DD or maybe a 12x10 or something larger onto your M6 and the Classic will probably not be able to keep up on even the silver/copper coins.

A 10" DD will seperate better than the 9.5" or other concentrics the Classic only has access to. It will also handle ground minerals better and leave a Classic running a concentric "in the weeds" should there be any kind of ground minerals. DD coils separate and handle mineralization better and will get better depth than the same size concentric once any kind of minerals are present at all. For max saparation you can go to one of the 5 or 6" DD coils for the M6 or MXT as well where as the Classic only has the 5.3" Bullseye concentric available for the most part. A large coil selection will allow the M6/MXT to get deeper, separate better, and so on for specific sites.

I hate to say it but the old low frequency Whites line is dead. They've stopped making most if not all of those machines and nobody is making a nice selection of aftermarket larger coils for them except for the Hot Shot, which never worked for me. It's sad because these low frequency machines such as the QXT Pro would probably give anything on the market a run for it's money on silver/copper with the right larger coil.

classics ,4x6 DD,5.3concentric,950 concentric,15"concentric,8"on classic ID
DFX,MXT,M6 1400 DD,4x6 DD,6x10DD,9.5concentric,5.3concentric
Prizm 9" spider,9.5concentric,8"concentric,4x6DD
DD are really only good for high mineral grounds.so take away the DD and see what you have left.
IMO the 6.95 freq.is a very good all around freq.you have to remember that higher freq.hit gold better but lower freq.hit copper and silver better.I may be totally wrong but this is what I've been told over the years from these forums and other places.
and you have to remember one of the most popular detectors of all times the XLT runs the 6.95freq.and the analog XL Pro ranks rite up there to.

I've had both the IDX Pro with the Mr Bill mod and the M6, (plus a classic SL111 and MXT sold) depth wise the IDX was slightly the winner except on small gold and the M6 is more fun and has depth read plus a nice coil selection. Out of the 4 detectors I've owned the M6 is my favorite, If I were you I would go for the M6
HH John

The MXT & M-6 are hard to beat.
The IDXpro w/mods would have the edge in heavy EMI, but I have never had a EMI problem with the MXT or M-6, maybe I was lucky.
I would stay away from the Prizm, they are not a good seller and I hear they are being dropped....
HH..BJ

Once a concentric gets past 10 or 11" in size they start to lose sensitivity to coin/ring sized targets. That's why there are some nice DD coils 10" and larger for the M6/MXT which should by all rights even beat a low frequency IDX on silver/copper. The DD coil will also handle ground minerals better so if you are using say a 9.5" concentric on the IDX and something similar in size in a DD on the M6 it will beat the IDX in depth that way as well. Yes, higher frequency machines like the M6/MXT hit better on gold while lower frequency machines such as the QXT Pro, XLT, or IDX hit harder on silver/copper, but you should be able to more than make up for that by going to a bigger coil where the IDX can't follow.