Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ID on Pin

Rob From ND

Anyone out there know what kind of pin this is? I've been told it's a pin of Marie Antoinette, But I have no idea what kind it is except that it is a pressed pin. I,m trying to find other pins like it on-line so I can date it but no such luck. Thanks in advance for your help.

Is it silver ? Any marks?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/108485130/art-nouveau-sterling-silver-brooch-unger

Rob, pretty sure it is not Marie Antoinette. I don't believe women of that era wore hats like that. Looks more like 1890s. Other than my opinion, I can't help much.

This looks quite a bit like the lady on your pin. I found it by searching for silver brooches from 1890s.

From the original posters pictures, it sure looks like silver. GL

It is silver. No marks that I can see.

Someone sent me a pic of Marie Antoinette and it does look like her a little.

Here it is.

Looks a little like most women at the turn of the century.
Search "lady big hat" on images and you will see many similar. 1900s-1920s.
I dont think its meant to be anyone, just a nice piece of 100 year old silver.

I'm sorry. Doesn't look anything like Marie Antoinette. She had frizzy,nasty hair and that hat isn't even close.
If you look at the pic I posted, closely, you can count the ringlets in her hair. They match up perfectly to your pin. I would venture to say that the makers are one in the same. Same mold, just two different styles of brooches.

I take it back, they dont match up perfectly, but close.