Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ID Edge question

markl59

Hi Everyone,

I was thinking of buying a new id edge detector, I am not new to fishers or metal detecting. I previously owned a Fisher cz70 pro, and reluctantly sold it. I miss the fishers, but do not like the F-series because of the DD coil. Anyway, my question is this. I read a post here about a problem with the ID falsing because of an issue with the control box, either the headphone cord causing it or the box not shielded properly from the factory. I was wondering if this is still a problem or if Fisher has corrected it. I feel the cost of the detector is substantial enough that I do not want to spend the money only to have problems and have to be sending it to Fisher for repairs. Any help would be appreciated Thank You.

hello mark
I was one of people posting posting about the edge on that post, and it did have a prob. of the headphone cord moving and causeing some falseing but it was easly solved by using one of the tie down cords supplyed with the detector,it is a great detector,in that its easy to learn and works well as both a land and a wadeing machine as it will find very small gold and silver hope this helps good luck

Thanks Deerman,

I could not remember where the post was or who wrote it. It sounds like an easy enough fix. Thanks again.Oh I was wondering if you knew which one of the small Fisher coils works with the ID Edge.

hello mark, i have a fisher id edge and have never had a problem with it falsing on me. it is a great little machine and i like the coin id accuracy of the edge. as far as the small fisher coil for the edge goes it is made for the edge only and nothing else will work on it. at least this is what i read and someone please correct me if i'm wrong. i think going from a cz70 down to an edge will be a big change for you. i'm going from an edge up to a cz70 and i can see a ton of difference in the machines already performance wise. i agree with you about the f75, just not something i'm interested in owning. good luck with the edge if you buy one............roger