Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I would like to wish all you folks a happy and safe New Year! ...............

Kelley (Texas)

I have been off line for the past week due to contacting a nasty virus that caused much damage...lost many of the journal stories that I had written these past three years of riding the back roads of South Texas, some of which were posted on this Forum. I did not lose the pictures that I had taken because several weeks ago, my son had helped me transfer them over to his server, along with much of my research material. It will be time consuming, but I will start reconstructing the stories after the first of the year.

Reflecting back to the events of this past year, I look forward to 2010 with much optimism...as always, I will have the smile on my face as I face the challenges of life. 2009 was a strange year for me...a mixture of much good and much bad. The best of the good was not losing my right foot...a difficult struggle that I won with the help of a great doctor and supporting family. The worst of the bad was contacting the computer virus and the resulting frustration. I look forward to 2010, wondering about what exciting adventures await me. It should be one heck of a interesting year as I have much to accomplish! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Hello Kelley, Sorry to here that. Hope you and your family had a Great Christmas. I just went back to Norton antiviruse got the 360 package. You need to get one of those little card readers you just plug it in the back of your CP and down load the files you need to save. I see people that carry one with them all the time to show files they have.

I know how difficult it is dealing with your issues and am very happy to hear you beat the problem :thumbup:
Glad you got the puter cleaned up also, viruses and malware are a nasty problem!
The very best to you and family in the New Year.:)

Hi Fred,

It's good to have you back!

A wise old gent once told me that he had a lot different, more enjoyable life when he learned to view these experiences as "bumps in the road of life"!!

Somehow we manage to get past them and often looking back allows us to see how they can be valuable "learning experiences"!

All the very best to You and Yours in the New Year Friend,

CJ

I am so pleased that the medical problems, did not escalate to the extent you described. With any luck, 2010 will be a better one for you.

Alice and I have a few changes planned this year. With any degree of luck, we will see those changes happen by spring or early summer and our lives will be better. We are finding the amount of land we have is just too taxing on us, and are looking to 'downsize' More later if fortune smiles on us.

Calm seas

Micheal

I got nailed good myself here about 2 weeks ago and it was not a lot of fun getting it all running again like it should. Why people do this makes no sense to me at all. I run about every type of protection I can and that will tolerate the other one being on there. I was frustrated enough that I was considering going over to Mac as the virus clowns seem not to bother them. I think they prefer to take advantage of Bill Gates loophole. Lots to pick from...

Glad the foot problem didn't get worst. The doctors seem to have access to a lot of different things they can try these days. Good they found one for you. Support from the family sure helps one along. I think most on here are hoping 2010 is better than this past year.

Look forward to some of your travels about Texas in the coming year. Have a safe and happy New year.

George-CT

you had a good year. A few bucks to a tech and it is fixed. Your valuable information should be backed up, it can be done automaticly using an external drive, they are pretty cheap now. A few bucks with a tech can handle that too.

Heck, I have to format a couple times a year because of them. Just part of playing on the web, ain't fun but it helps teach too. It can all be fixed. You gotta back up and that does not mean on the same drive. One heck of a lot of files can be backed up on one little DVD disc too. Probably all your files from all your road trips, including the pictures, could be put on one 10 cent disc:shrug:

A good tech should be able to retrieve them