Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I would like to see a couple air tests posted...

snh

I had one of the first series T2's and also the newest version and also have talked to alot of T2 users along the way.
There seems to be some differences in T2's as production went along.
now I am not starting anything and if as many people that can would post I would like to see how the T2's compare in simple air tests.
This is NOT for any reasons other than my own....and as such please just be accurate.
Take your T2...set sens to 70, disc to 10 and tones to 2+.
test a dime...clad or silver does not matter much, also a copper penny of any year, a nickel and a quarter...clad is fine.
I am interested in the air depth when the target just starts to not be constant on a side to side sweep. NOT THE FARTHEST you can get a random pip.....there is a definate point where it will no longer give the 2nd tone on every sweeo.....and be sure to sweep the coin flat and sweep the coin in your hand and not by setting the coin on the ground. Lay the detector on the edge of a table and sweep the coin itself.
if you would post the results I would appreciate it....even if you are one with a problem.
Be sure to use the above settings and don't deviate.
There is a reason for this...and you can PM me if you like rather than posting.
It is not for proving anything about the T2 verses other units.
Just humor me if you will.
Scott

snh
Would like to Accommodate U with an air test. But if I set the sen.
at 80 my T-2 will cherp like a Parakit. Sorry HH-Don Diggercoins67

I had it before the Rev 6 Mods were done. I did several comparisons, and I'll be the first to admit there was quite a learning curve for me. But I eventually got the hang of it and even though I tried to sell it I am so glad I backed out and kept it. The more you use it....it starts to talk to you....Eventually you'll grow to love it and you won't hunt without it!

I Air tested it before and after I sent it in for the Rev 6 Mods....

Both tested the nickle at 15 inches....Not evrytime and not constant...but both did read ID and sigal the nickle (1970).

One problem with the Rev 6 Mods....Another new learning curve....but I had practiced it before.

I also have a Garrett GTI 2500...It took a little over a year to learn to hear what it was telling me. I suspect this time next year the T2 will be under my belt as well.

I really like to hunt with it! y recommendation is hunt with it for a long time digging everything and soon you'll understand it well!

MHO

KCK

It should be quiet enough there.
There is a reason for this...and you can PM me if you like rather than posting.
It is not for proving anything about the T2 verses other units.
Just humor me if you will.

I have used the t2 since it came out and know how to use it.
Not even sure what you are talking about actually....if you are not going to help that is fine.....but I am not asking for your opinions on how you like the T2.
There is a reason......but it is my reason

I live in Mass. The Soil here is really tuff . I set my Dis.at 40 ,and can run the sens 90 ( most of the time ,80 the rest) . With very little if any chirping . You have to nock out the Iron if you want it to run smooth . Coins and Buttons(Buttons register as Pull tabs most of the time) come in nice and clear

Scott,

I too am interested in the results of the test results. I did the testing as you suggested and then repeated the tests with tones set to 4. With the tones set to 4 it is easier to determine if the tone ID is accurate.

The data is presented with coin first, 2 tone reading, 4 tone reading. I do not know how to format data with this forum format (e.g. like a spreadsheet).

1c copper, 10", 10.5"
5c, 11", 12"
10c clad, 10", 10.5"
25c clad, 11", 12"

It is not real easy to get a reading and then measure the distance without a more elaborate setup than I could come up with quickly. As a result, the readings could easily be off 0.5" or perhaps more

I am not sure why the 4 tone seem to give a little greater distance than the 2 tone configuration, but the results seemed to be consistent.

Also, in my environment there is zero noise with the sensitivity set to 70 and disc set to 10. In fact I can increase the sensitivity to 89 before getting "chirps" from noise. With a sensitivity setting of 89 and tone setting of 4, I only get perhaps 0.75" more for of depth performance than for a sensitivity setting of 70.

Hope this helps,
Glenn

I have a reason and it is wondering if there are differences in how some recent T2's perform verses others.
look you have had a couple people state that they have poor air tests.....well an air test is a just a base example to see if your machine is working similarly to others before assuming it is defective.
Again this has nothing to do with how it works in ground and I don't care how anyones detector works in their ground. that is not why I am asking...and it is not to compare to another brand.
It does not have to be exact down to the fraction of an inch....within half an inch is fine.
Thanks
Scott

F[size=medium]e[/size][size=x-small]2[/size]O[size=x-small]4[/size]

It's the little bar graph on the Rt. side. It will tell you the ferrous content of your soil.

This will let you know just how bad your ground really is. Ma. generally has mild soil, although you may be in a bad patch of it.

Hi Bill ,.01 ,.03 most of the time . How ya been ?
It's been awhile since I've talk to you .
Dennis from Belchertown

Hi Dennis

Just fine & you ?

I would say by the reading the soil is not so bad there. It's a little worse than here on the Cape, not much.

Enjoy hunting, won't be long before it's white all over the ground there. :)

Later
Bill

considering you have no intentions of sharing your reasoning with people, and seem to be snubbing several who are trying to help.

Perhaps if you are looking for help, you may give people a reason to help...

acting like it's your business only isn't going to accomplish that.

Just my two cents

Wess