Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I will wait until Debbie goes to Bingo and then make my move! ...............

Kelley (Texas)

After she leaves, I think that I will drive out to my cousin's ranch near Castroville, Texas and try to ride "Blueberry." Anything she does not know can't come back to bite me. Cindy might give me a hard time, but I have a Christmas gift for the family and that should cause her to put her guard down just a tab. I have been thinking, with the cool weather, my legs should not swell up and things will work out great. This will be my Christmas gift to myself...riding back into the brush again, just like old times. I cleaned and oiled the saddle early this morning before Debbie woke up. I kinda wish she would hurry up and leave for bingo...I am biting at the bit.

A few miles west of Cindy's ranch are some dry creeks where I have found some arrowheads in the past. I figure I will stop and rest, look for some arrowheads...sorta have my cake and eat it too! This is a perfect plan, not likely to get caught. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

do not forget to go easy on the "throttle"! What will happen if Blueberry smells your bike? Get jealous and pile you?:biggrin:
Find some arrowheads and tell us about the trip!

will be Blueberry's Christmas present too, to see her master! Just hide the Harley! :) Let us know how it went! :)

I'll bet blueberry enjoys it as much as your do. My wife says she can relate to what your saying no problem. Her horse is her shrink. When things are bothering here, she just gets on the horse and rides. She always comes back far happier. For me its the bike. Things get to me, I jump on the bike and head to the mountains of NH, or VT. For whatever reason, they tend to relax me. In my earlier days it was backpacking in the same hills. Now I remember whats up there and still enjoy it and if push comes to shove, I take the tramway up a lot of them and hike down.

Good luck with those arrowheads. I've never found one myself. Got to be nice to find something from way back when made by human hands. I remember you telling us once about a old cave or cellar hold that went down in the ground that you were pretty sure had rattle snakes in it and how you might get them out. I though about that often, wondering what might be in there. Yet, those secrets are protected by the snakes. They had a stuffed rattle snake up at Cabelas sporting goods store. I didn't realized they were that big and thick. I sure would not want to get bit by one. They blend in so well, how do you ever spot them until its to late. I would imagine like anyplace up, if you grow up there, you learn what to look out for.

Enjoy that ride and the place you call home.

Merry Christmas

George-CT

the worst is you may get caught and have to do the dishes for a week. Big deal! We're men, right? Merry Christmas, Fred.

My Nephew Josh got into trouble along with me, and Cindy called Debbie on the cell phone and told her what we had done. Needless to say, Debbie was not full of the Christmas cheer as far as it pertained to me. I told both of them that if you beat up on a dog enough times, that dog is going to bite back...big mistake, this really set them off! I really do not want to talk about it at the moment, too pizzed off. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Maybe at a wal Mart in Arkansas... that is the corporate headquarters, right?

Better luck next time, buddy

Fair winds

Mikie

but letting wimmens push you around, well i just can't see it from you Fred and i know you are plotting some revenge, need help?
Maybe tell them you were looking for wildflowers for them for Christmas, that will make them cry some and they would even massage your legs i bet.;)

We could not get the swelling down in the legs and the left foot was starting to show some blue coloring. As we were leaving they gave me a white panty hose to wear under my jeans. I am just now getting some releif from the pain cause by the swelling. Also, my blood count was low and I drank half a coke. As I sit here typing, it is difficult for me to comprehend all that happened today...just because I wanted to ride one of my horses. I knew that I was told to not ride a horse, but I really thought that I could do it. I just hope that I recover quickly enought to ride the bike on Christmas Day. I will tell you one thing, those two women better come down off their highhorses and put things in perspective...we are going to have a little talk among ourselves...they need to know who the boss is. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

but, appears you have two loving women watching over you! They both may be on you,like "nurse Crotchett" (pardon the spelling?) from the movie "Cuckoos Nest", but know what? They care about you,they know you are a stubborn Cowboy,and they want you to enjoy your new toy! (M/C) I don't blame you for sneaking off to ride your beloved Blueberry.It must of been terrific,back on the Saddle. But for now,stick to your Steed with tires. Your bike IS your freedom,and the roads are your Range! Debbie isn't stupid,you know that, she wants to see you be able to have legs,mobility,and she may not show it,but i bet inside,she secretly admire's how you have freedom on your two wheeler. I'd be careful where you keep any lasso,or rope around the house,she may need to use it,next time she goes to Bingo! :D Hope the swelling goes down,so you can enjoy Christmas, with your caring Family!

they just love you and want to keep you around. I figure you probably have an ass chewing coming but don't blame you for what you did:thumbup: I just don't figure they should be blamed because they worry about your old arse:blink: As we get older none of us can do what we once did but we adjust.

I am sure your grandson wants his grandpa no matter if he rides a horse or a motorcycle.

I hope you're feeling a lot better as you read this. I would have done the same thing you did, sneaking in another ride on Blueberry for old times sake. Sometimes the flak's just worth it. :cheers: Don't let it ruin your Christmas Fred.....they just love ya buddy........just like we do ! Have a great Christmas Fred and give our best to Deb and the family. Only better days ahead !

Rob and Grace :cheers:

I guess I messed up big time and got caught...getting caught hurts too! It is very difficult to realize that my horse riding days are over and I guess that I should put it behind me once and for all. I really thought that with the cool weather that I could do it...but I was wrong. It sure seems like I am always in some type of trouble here lately.

I don't think that I am going to wear that white panty hose thing that the doctors sent me home with...you have to pull it down to take a leak. Also, I do not understand how it is supposed to help to reduce swelling of the legs.

We have a big evening planned with the kids, kinfolks, and Heather's folks...big dinner and exchanging gifts. Say, Heather had to put in her two cents worth last night too! They seem to be in their glory because they caught me doing something that I should not have been doing...not too often that they out smart me.

Our big Christmas dinner will be tonight because the kids will be going to Blanco, Texas tomorrow and will not get home until late in the evening. They will probably stop by here for a light dinner before they go home. I think that Cindy, Josh and his wife, and Debbie's Aunt will be coming by the house on Christmas day. Well, Debbie just woke up, need to go. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Hang in there Cowboy! Have a wonderful Christmas!

...have you ever entertained the idea of building or buying a buggy? I was just thinking of it all; With a buggy, you could still be around the critters and as a bonus, the kids and grand kids could come along on those really special rides with 'grandpa.'

Now that you live in the wretched city, you know, they have parades every so often and that would be a way you could share who you are, as well.

If I loved to ride the way you love to ride...and I couldn't ride, I would consider the next best thing. I know in the great state of Texas, there are still those who specialize in the building of buggies or wagons.

Hey, it even sounds like a good new-year's resolution for MANY reasons--the greatest of which might be; it will keep you out of trouble with the women. They might even like a buggy ride some sunny day, too. It's just a thought.

Hope you are feeling better and have a great day with the family. It will be quiet here. Tomorrow, well that's a different matter. We will all congregate at Linda's for brunch.

Merry Christmas and blessings to all,

aj