Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I will try to kill two birds with one stone...............

Kelley (Texas)

I am going to attempt to post several pictures, and at the same time seek information about these two pipes. With some free time on my hands this afternoon, I decided to look through a couple of boxes containing some of my Father's things. This is the first time that I have looked at the contents of these boxes since they were packed in 1987. Any information would be appreciated. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

and see if their worth something,i don't know what they are but would ask if your dad was in the service and if he traveled to foreign countries.just with my guess-ta-mater, if their from this continent that they would be mexican pipes,they don't look like pipes from tribes in this part of the continent,and i really don't know their age.good luck finding out,and let us know.

I had never seen them until he passed away in 1987 and I was helping my Mother pack some of his belongings. I must admit, they are strange looking pipes, not like any I have ever seen around here. There are no manufacture markings, or any markings on them. I am tempted to stop by the store and buy some pipe tobacco, see what they are like to smoke.

Also, in the same box, I found four cast iron dogs that belonged to my Grandmother Kelley. I think that they are door stops, large and heavy. In another box, I found a cast iron "bear" bank...that was my highlight of the day, the "Bear" bank. I have just started on the second box, kinda excited about what I might find. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I would bet every dollar Wayner has that they are native indian of some sort. Maybe Myan or Inca. I have seen similar ones but can not remember where. Heck, maybe American Indian but I would also bet Mikes money that they are old and you should give them a place of honor.

Do a google on old pipes and I am sure you will be taken to sites that will help you out.

Thanks for posting them. Simply facinating. They look older than even Uncle Willie:b

I do not think they are of American Indian origin, but I could be wrong. I am puzzled as to where my Father got them. It is quite possible that they are reproductions, but I can find no markings on them, nothing.

When we get settled in, all boxes unpacked, I think that I will make some more shadow boxes and display them along with my arrowheads. Like you, I find them to be fascinating, wonder where they came from. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

about them yet? I agree, shadow boxes make a very special display for neat things like this. Also, post a photo of the bear bank. That sounds interesting.

One of the neatest shadow boxes I have seen are actually a coffee table. It was square with a glass and wood top. It had a pull out drawer on it, lined in red velvet. This particular one had Indian heads in it. Made a great conversation piece.

Someday, I hope to have one! Let us know more of what you find! How neat! :)

the four cast iron dog door stops that were in the same box. I do know as a fact that the cast iron dogs belonged to my Grandmother Kelley, and were given to my Father when she passed away in the early 1960's. My Grandmother had a stroke and all my Uncles and Aunts wanted to put her in a nursing home, but my folks said "No!" and brought her to our house to live out her life. She was always a special lady to me. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

They all look like they are in wonderful condition, too. Vaguely in my mind, I recall Johnboy having an iron lion bank, but I don't remember much about it! How big is the bank? :)

junk stores and garage sales. Nice treasures

got to be South American, they are wonderful. So Fred you found a bear:D knowing your fascination with them that must have been a pleasant surprise. Some new pet dogs that you don't have to feed also.
Good job with the pictures:thumbup
Wayne