Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I will never, ever again complain about bugs hitting me when riding the bike................

Kelley (Texas)

I saw this on another forum and figured that some of you folks would be interested in seeing it. Kelley (Texas) :)

http://www.desmonorthwest.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=8790

n/t

I guess it is true. That is a big bear and I figure the biker must have hit the bear in the head or something. Kelley (Texas) :)

The bear must have had a warning and turned toward it and probably did get a head shot. A 750 lb bullet, even if it is going 50 mph has to hurt, big time. I bet that rider lost a bit of weight the last second before contact too :D

in an email last year that said the Bear was killed by a truck in the Yukon. You never know about these internet stories.

n/t

n/t

I am truely sorry:rofl:

The four I could identify with that could play the parts in the movie was Royal, Mikie, Cowboy, and the General! That would be hysterical! :rofl:

I can say a 750 bike can do a lot of damage, Jan. 1979 I just got in from shrimping, got the boat unloaded early and cleaned up. A friend of my came up to me ask if I wanted to go riding, I said sure it was a beautiful day about 75 degrees and sunny. I went home got my Harley Low Rider out of the Garage, I had bought it about 8 months early. Well checked every thing out and took off I had made it about 8 blocks from the house when I was going though a intersection when the car coming from the other direction turned right in front of me there was no time to do any thing but just hit the car, I couldn't even try to swerve out of her way there was a bunch of school kids on the right side of the road, So a head on it was, I hit the car with it still in a turning so we hit at some what of a angle I caught the car right the middle of the bumper, I went air born I caught the upper driver side of the window so I got some lift to I came to rest about a 100 foot from the point of impact, in a real nice grass yard, My left leg was broke in three place below the knee and my foot was crushed with 4 compound fractures on it my hip was killing me the worse I had taken the 6" bones and drag bars with me on impact, The front of the car I hit was which was a brand New Lincoln Continental with paper plates still on it, the front bumper was bent to hell and front grill and left fender was turn up with the hood bent up pretty good, plus my hard head sure did a number one her windshield , I know what a bike can do at 30 miles per hour. I think what scared me the most was of that few seconds when laid out in a daze and wondering if any of those young kids had been hit by my bike, luckily not one of them had been hit has the bike flipped over to the side of the road. Heck a bike traveling 30 would kill a bear.

Hey Bayrat,

Glad you're alive to write about it man!!! I had the same thing happen to me in Baytown, Texas in the sixties and bounced clear over her hood onto the road beyond her car. I was just starting to roll and left ten feet or so of skid marks (May a yard or so in my pants too) before impact!

I was lucky to suffer only a few bruises! Banged up my bike though. People just don't see bikes of any kind!!!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery,

Cupajo

I spent 8 days in the Hospital,and 6 months in a leg cast, and a life time in a dentist offices. I felt really sorry for the women that hit me, it mentally messed her up, and it was only a accident. She did not see me, because she too was watching the little kids by the road. Every day I was in the hospital she would come visit me and cry, man I felt for her, I told her every time she should not to worry about it, if this was the worst thing that every happened to me I would be the luckiest person in the world. I Told her don't worry about me suing her or any thing else it was a accident and I would be Ok. I kinda figured when you ride a bike your chance goes way up on getting hurt, plus I had know her all my life and her kids, even went to the same church as her family. You guys that ride I hope all of you have the loudest muffler you can find, that old saying ( noise saves life) I feel now that is true, my bike was all stock. If I was to get one now I would have the loudest mufflers I could find or run strait pipes, you know the ones you feel coming up the rode before you even see the bike.
You know the one thing that still stands out of every thing that happened that day of my wreck as many years has it has been, was the fear that my bike plowed into to those young kids walking home from school. I was still not to full conscious I could a lady screaming I killed him and scared to death that my bike had got knocked backwards and to my side of the rode where those little kids where walking. well trying to catch my breath and get the world to quite spinning, has things slowed down I saw this kid standing a foot from me and looking me strait in the eyes I ask him if any of the kids got hurt, the little guy said no, and told me that the lady I had a wreck with was screaming and crying. Then he told me you sure flew far not to be dead. The next thing I know there are two drunk guys, shrimpers too at that, each one grabbed me by a arm an started to dragging me, that's when the true pain started. They had a 1963 Chevy Impala 4 door they were going to load me in and take me to the hospital. I made them set me back down to assess the damage. I can remember one of those guys not even being able to stand still. Man was that a day.

enjoying your bike as much? Probabaly ready for this early spring, huh? It was 78 here today. Have you gotten Deb on the back of the bike yet? :)