Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I was up north this past weekend and

Royal

got a message on my cell phone. My grandson Will was all excited about something but he is impossible to understand when he is excited. I tried to call back but there was no answer.

I called my daughter the next day and asked what the heck Will was all excited about and she said that he had scored 3 touchdowns at his football game. He is only 8 years old and always the smallest on the team, weather he is playing football or soccer. He is small but man is he aggressive and fast.

He was supposed to be a backup running back but the kid that was playing the position broke his arm in practice. Joe, Wills father told him that it looked like he was gonna be able to start and it sorta worried Will a bit. He thought about it a while and told Joe that it would be OK if they lost the first few games.

Joe laughed and told Will that he would do just fine, knowing that he was just a bit nervous.

After the first kickoff and it was Wills teams possission the coach, knowing that Will was nervious,figured to let him take the ball the first play. He figured he would break the ice early and take the edge off for the boy.

Will got the ball and ran it 60 yards for a touchdown. Nobody could catch the boy once he got past the line of scrumage! He went on to score two more in the game.

Hannah, his sister went to a horse show and took four first places in her age group and then Carolyn told the person that was running the show that it didn't seem fair to the other kids that she show in the next class. The woman suggested that she put her in an older class so she would get some compitition, which she did. She still got a third place against the older kids. Great weekend for the grandkids.

Grant, the oldest of the three grandkids of Joe and Carolyn went to a baseball game and caught a foul ball. Now those kids had a great weekend and Joe and my daughter were very proud parents.

Joe is a runner and Hannah joins him in some of his races and does very well.

This is just a grandpa bragging a bit:clap::clap:

were raised right. Congrats to all!
Dave

lesson in there somewhere for will,he underestimated his ability.this may give a little confidence.it may break the ice for him in alot of ways.bet you got tickled at his excited phone call.

I watched him on the soccor field and it was funny because he is the littlest runt on the field but if someone scores, it was usually him. He is very agressive and will run past the big kids and elbow them and do anything to get the ball.

He has a bad temper though which he had better work on.

being very physical,but i played about 5 years after i got out of high school in a men's league when i got out of high school.they didn't have it as a school sponsored sport when i was in school but i got into playing pickup games when i wasn't working.

it was mostly foreigners playing in the men's leagues along with guy's a couple of years younger than me.you can get elbowed,knee'd and all manor of collisions and i duked it out with a greek guy over something that i can't remember what was about.

playing soccer will keep will in good shape and give him a good foundation of conditioning for when he's older.i think to many kid's stay indoors all the time these days.

Bragging on the grandkids! Aint nothing in the world like them.Sounds like a great bunch of kids.