Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I was thinking quarter with a TID of 30-32.....

JimmyCT

and a 1783 Nova Constellatio Copper was the last thing on my mind. šŸ˜® How in the world this was missed all these years is beyond me!!!! This is the same place I found two other 1700s coins last year as well as an 1806 half cent, 1856 Half Dime and an 1803 Eight Reale. For a public area that has been beaten with detectors for 40 years, I am highly impressed with the abilities of the Equinox!! A big thanks goes out to my Identification expert Fwcrawford! When I am in the field and need instant ID of a coin, Fwcrawford is one text away! Within a minute he always has the answer for me. Thanks Felix!!!
Settings:
Park1
Iron Bias: F2 - 0
Recovery 4
Sensitivity 23
50 tones
SWEEP: very slow like FBS / BBS slow

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 201
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 196
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 176
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    754.9 KB · Views: 159
Hi Jeff,
It was approximately 7ā€ deep according to my Garret pinpointer. The area is heavily inundated by tons of iron. So much so, I shouldnā€™t have done this but I did: notched out -9 to 9. Kept 10-13. Notched out 14-18. Kept 19-40. Doing this allowed me to hear the soft high tone in all the iron. I toggled between all-metal and this customer program while sweeping the signal and I believe I would have missed it with the overpowering iron junk. Itā€™s a horror show at best lol I rarely ever notch like this but this is how bad this area is. I plan on going back to the area and running it wide open. Yesterday my brain just couldnā€™t handle the machine gun environment.

Awesome find I have a friend who found 3 coppers in a spill one was a nova!!!

Very nice find Jim.... that makes a find like this even more special knowing that it has been missed all these years.... you sure know how to squeeze those types of finds out of that area to are searching.
Hopefully, you can discover what may have been there at one time for those finds to be there.
Just think... that coin originated in England!!

Very well done ELP...Bucket lister for sure...very interesting settings too,I just donā€™t think I could get away with running those settings as the iron would be screaming and giving misleading IDs..congrats...

Thanks Felix. This area is my playground as everyone else has given up on it. Thanks again for all your assistance in identifying the coins I pulled out of here.

Very nice find Jim.... that makes a find like this even more special knowing that it has been missed all these years.... you sure know how to squeeze those types of finds out of that area to are searching.
Hopefully, you can discover what may have been there at one time for those finds to be there.
Just think... that coin originated in England!!

BHPA,
I agree with your statement as I dug several pieces of iron but it wasnā€™t overwhelming. The iron identifies itself with bleeding out (where the signal doesnā€™t hold together) or there is this clunking sound On the more solid pieces. However some sound so good I just want to dig and make sure. Iā€™m definitely learning more the way iron reports( Audio wise )on the machine.

Very well done ELP...Bucket lister for sure...very interesting settings too,I just donā€™t think I could get away with running those settings as the iron would be screaming and giving misleading IDs..congrats...

'Thank You' --- 'Thank You' !!

'Thank You' for relating the experience to us. Congratulations on your successful hunt.

And 'Thank You' for including your settings and sweep description. I always find this information interesting and useful.

Monte

Thank you everyone. You are welcome Monte. The coil scan speed is crucial and a very slow movement will unlock treasures in a mess of iron.

Nova's don't come along that regular so it's a special find for anyone. Good for you

INCREDIBLE, earthlypotluck!!! CONGRATULATIONS on an incredible dig!

Laplander -- what did you mean by "mix it once in awhile?"

Steve
Just different modes, sweep speed, and yes even check ground balance at times when I'm out of the iron patches. It is always good to get out of your comfort zone, and learn what your detector has to offer.
HH Jeff