Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I was just eating dinner on my deck and

Royal

thought I saw a cat coming up over the hill. My neighbor saw a mama red fox and two kits the other day playing in his back yard, which is next to mine but I have seen a cat prowling around lately.

I usually have my camera out there with me and I watched the cat. It was not wary at all and was just ambling up toward my firepit. Then there was another! It was a pair of young coon just out wandering I guess. I took a few pictures and watched to make sure they stayed away from my little garden pond. Something has been messing with it at night and now I think I know who :D Oh well, if they are a problem I will catch them and haul them away. Cute little suckers when they are this small.

[attachment 96177 coons.jpg]

The second is just an iris that I planted last year near my little pond. I saw it over near the Cut River and transplanted it to my little eden :D

[attachment 96178 iris.jpg]

do not rule out a water bird or two as possible suspects. Thanks for posting the pictures and story. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I have watched them. They really cause no problems though. A coon could really mess them up. My ponds are small ones

There were a lot of them around, then they caught rabies and most died off. They are on the way back now....For about 3 years, hardly any of them.

n/t

n/t

I have lost too much livestock to them over the years to actually like them. I will admit they are cute... but I still do not like them. :):

calm seas

Mikie

I was just posting what I thought some might find interesting. If they cause me problems I will catch them and haul them off. I just don't need to kill them at this point. I don't especially like to kill something just because I can

can really get dangerous when they become adults. I had one and traded it to a kid for a parakeet. Traded the parakeet for a skunk and I think that was a lapse in judgement for me/ :(

I've had lots of baby critters as pets growing up and the racoons were some of the funniest to have around. Once they become adolescents it's time to set them back in the woods. The various critters were all orphans that got a second chance at life. I always hoped that instinct would kick in where mom's teaching weren't present.

Cheers and Nice Pics Royal,

Eric

n/t