Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I was about to go through some serious withdrawals.....

Arkie John

...good to see all y'all back here. Hope you had a great week-end.

Did not dive. Watch went belly-up and I don't dive without knowing the down-time donchano.

Lil' Brother and I waded on a local beach and did not score any good stuff...just a few bucks in clad. This is my second hunt in a row for not scoring the AU. Maybe next time. :biggrin:

aj

n/t

...having "only" four hours of fuel in the fuel tank. Really.

I never thought I could stay down four hours but I proved myself wrong on my third dive with the hookah! I watched the now bellied-up Timex for four hours and surfaced. When I drug the hookah to the shore and checked the fuel, I saw that I had less than a tea cup in the tank remaining!

Time flies when you're having fun and cannot cover the entire bottom. At 25 feet or less, I can just go and go without a worry in the world...except the (fuel) time. Currently I'm not diving with a pony tank and I know I have enough air in the hose to get to the top should the hookah quit, but I don't want to put myself in that position.

Diving without a pony tank, and a bc that is not self (CO2) inflating, I just don't want to go that close to the edge. Some day I'll find a good horse-collar bc with a functional CO2 inflating valve that still works.

Maybe next week-end. :biggrin:

aj

I don't really notice the thing running but when it stops I notice. I will usually just head up. The deepest I have had it happen is at 30 ft, which would not be a problem but I thought I was around 20 ft and that extra 10 ft surprised me a bit. I popped right up at the side of a canoe and they were a bit startled.

Just let me know and I will get one off to you!!

Fair winds

Mikie

...I'm gonna buy a Timex with a compass built into the face sos I can keep up with where I am when I dive. It simpler I can keep my diving the better it is for me.

But thanks for the offer. I have a bunch I have looted from the beaches etc over the years and if I looked close enough, I'd bet that some could be resurrected with a new battery.

I usually will NOT spend over 15 dollars for a watch. That way, when it goes titz up, I really haven't lost a whole lot. I just go get me another...and I got three years out of the last one, well, I got my money's worth. I must say though, I am going to break that rule today when I purchase the compass watch. Sometimes one just has to pay for convenience. :sick:

aj

If I ever recover that Rolex in Lake Hamilton, with a good cleaning, methinks an upgrade will be in order. :)

later on