Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I try to call my mom every day or so

Royal

and it is always the same from her. She has been outside working all day long and is very tired. Well no kidding. Almost 92 and I swear to GOD, it is hard to keep up with her. She will wear you out.

A couple days ago there was a big storm down there and she lost power and a tree was blown down across her driveway. She told me that a big bunch of branches blew off one of her trees and landed in the neighbors yard. She was gonna have to go over and cut it up and get it out to the road.

My brother does a lot for her as he is retired and lives about 4 miles away. It is a godsend for her. He mows her lawn now but she edges the thing to make it easier for him. She told me that she was gonna have Gary cut the biggest limbs in her neighbors yard up to firewood size and put it out to the road so someone can take it.

She spent 4 or 5 hours over there, cutting up the wood and hauling it over to the fence and tossing it over into her yard. Worked her old arse off she did but she was almost done by the time my brother got over there to cut up the stuff she could not handle.

She was in the neighbors yard and a tossing logs and such over the fence and Gary walked up. He looked at the wood he had to cut up and then looked up in the tree where it had broken off. He said, "Mom, that is not your tree, it is your neighbors tree you just cleaned up!" :D

She said she looked up and liked to have crapped herself. It WAS the neighbors tree! She had worked her butt off to cut up the neighbors tree up and tossed them over the fence.:rofl: Now she went back around the fence to her own yard and tossed the wood back. At least she had it all cut up for the neighbor.

I told her that she ought to get her glasses checked:rofl:

always told you I would love to get a chance to meet her someday, for I bet she has some stories to tell!!! Good for her. I hate it that she had to do it all over again though! :)

n/t

I lost my mom way to early. Sure wish I could make those phone calls again myself. Your post over the years show you guys have a great relationship. She took care of you growing up, A full time task I'm sure. and now your doing the same. She sure looks and sounds like she is in better shape than most of it. I never heard of a 92 year old tree trimmer. Quite the lady and a caring son to match. Good combination.

Geo

he is retired too and lives three or four miles away and takes care of anything she can not. He is a great help and I feel guilty that I do not help more but I will not live down there in the city. It ain't me.

When I make my trips down there I go over and take care of what she needs but there is really little she can not do. Nobody can believe her age. Her knees are giving her problems but I guess that is to be expected. She takes no meds and still drives. She tries to not drive at night though.

She does great but 91 is 91. I hate the phone calls late at night