Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I think they're holding my detector for ransom....

Kenny Ray

:confused:It is one month today that Minelab Service Dept. has gotten my Explorer XS.Did anyone else have such slow service?I called them on Monday and she said it "might" be looked at this week,starting to get a little impatient...

Kenny .... i read someone post recently that they called the service dept and said they wouldnt be back until the 28th. I think i was like a week and a half ago. So that tells me they might be on vacation.... is that possible? Surely they have more than one repair person.

Dew

I'm starting to wonder Dew.At least I'm getting a new Se Pro in today according to Fed Ex's tracking.Can I use the same settings I've been using and am used to for the past 10 years with my old Explorer XS?

Kenny Ray,

There are quite a few changes. Setting Ranges have been expanded and so forth. If you have a copy of Andy Sabish's book, the differences are noted in there. I don't have time right now, I'm sure somebody will jump in and note those for you. If not, I will try to do it later tonight.

Rich

You will have to provide those settings in order for someone to give you the SEs.

Dew

I just got my Se Pro today.I went to the park by my house and set it up like I did with my Explorer XS.Gain at 8,Sensitivity at 28 manual,Variability at 9.Fast on Deep off.IM at 28,conductivity,limits at 10,threshold at 12.Any ideas on something better to set it on.I noticed the pinpointing is a lot different,but I like it and should adjust to it alright.

Looks like you are off and running and already have it figured out. Good luck.

Rich

Tried it out today and found a gold signet ring,42' canadian dime and about 10 wheaties.That is one bad machine and hot coil.I still need some work on pinpointing,wish it was a tighter sound like my Xs...

After 5 weeks at the Minelab repair dept.,I finally got a call and found out what was wrong with my detector.When I first bought it on the classified forum it wouldn't stay powered up.I called the guy I bought it from and he said it's probably a battery problem.I cleaned the spring contacts with some electrical cleaner wwith a rod and a q-tip taped on the end.I also cleaned the contacts on the battery pack.It seemed like the problem was fixed after that.I went 4 or 5 times hunting in the woods and it starting acting up again.The last time it would come on and stay on the main screen but the only button that worked was the power button.In the guys defense that sold it to me,when I called him the first day when he said it was a battery issue he said he would refund my money.But after cleaning the contacts like he suggested I thought it was fixed.I don't think I put a total of 20 hours on the machine.I paid him $435.00 plus $27.00 to ship it to Minelab.The tech support guy that called me just now said the PCB(Printed Current Board),LCD(Liquid Crystal Display),battery contact board,keypad and shipping and handling would run me about $600.00 to fix it.That would put me over a $1000.00 for a 10 year old machine that was supposed to only have a battery issue.I guess he got the goldmine and I got the shaft.What would you do other than trying to sell it off in pieces to try and recoup some of my money?Thanks for letting me vent,cause I am very upset over this deal.The Minelab tech said there was problems way before he sold it to me.

I think I would call the guy you purchased it from explain what you were told and give him the opportunity to make it right. Maybe he will or maybe he wont but at least try. If nothing else maybe he will refund part of what you paid him. Tough situation to deal with I hope it works out for you.

But if you don't make sure you put the details on the Feedback Forum so others do not buy from the same person in the future as you seem to have been scammed.

On another note, Minelab could have done you better as well . . . . $600 for less than $100 in parts???? If you look at some of the stories others have shared with service from Whites, Garrett, Tesoro and First Texas, they virtually rebuild or replace detectors sent in that old or older for a whole lot less.

Customer service still seems to be a weak link in the Minelab chain . . . . . . good luck with your new unit!

Andy

Thanks Andy,I'll just chalk it up to a bad experience.I have sold it off in pieces and recouped almost half of my exspenses.I love my new Se Pro,just wish the pinpointing was as good as my old XS...:confused:

I emailed them today 2/7/11 and asked where they were with my etrac. They received it of the 5th of Jan. She replied back it is still waiting it's turn in line. I guess it's ok since the ground is covered with snow and it's to cold to be outside anyway. But if I lived where you could detect I would not be to happy either!

It's been in there for repair over a month now (since Jan. 5th) and it's still "waiting its turn in line"??----GREAT DAY, how many do they have in there for repair???---I thought things would have "smoothed out" by now what with this new Chicago service center.----Looks like Minelab better hire more repair techs.-----Turn around time STILL appears to be ridiculous!----------Del

[size=large]can't keep up with part either.
looks as though their machines don't hold or they have a crappy production line management team. if they can't keep up with demand after the last four months someone needs to lose a job or two. if there's that much demand is it mostly breaking cheap parts or people wanting spare rods for instance?
hope you get your baby back soon.

HH[/size]

Finally got it back today after 5 weeks.They didn't fix,but at least they didn't charge me anything to ship it back to me...