Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I think that Debbie might have just "out smarted" me..............

Kelley (Texas)

A few minutes ago, the temperature just dropped to 98 degrees from a high of 102 degrees and I decided that I was going to ride the bike. Because of the hot weather, I have not ridden the bike very much the past two weeks and not at all this weekend. Debbie said it was too hot to ride and said that if I did not ride the bike that she would go to Block Busters and rent the movie named "Cold Mountain" for me to watch. She said that she really wanted me to watch that movie because she knew that I liked movies like that. I told her that I did not want to watch a pervert cowboy movie. She said that "Cold Mountain" was a movie about the Civil War and that the perverted cowboy movie was "Cold Back Mountain" or something like that. She would not let up so I finally agreed to not ride the bike today and watch the movie instead...she just left to go get it. In a way, I think that I might have been out smarted by her and I still kinda wish that I had not agreed to watch that movie instead of riding the bike. She does not like me riding that bike because she thinks that I will eventually get hurt riding it and tries to find things for me to do around this house rather than ride the bike. Well, I hope that it is a good movie. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

She had a cousin killed on one when she was in high school. While she does not like me riding the bike, she has been a good sport for the most part. Say, I hope that this is a good movie...there is a Civil War battle scene on the cover of the movie case. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

those temps day after day. Just what we get there drives me off the roads until the last 2 hours of evening. Usually 6 PM untill 8:30pm. that gets me in with daylight and I don't have to deal with headlights thru the windshield. Do you have any problems with headlights off your windshield Fred. Drives me nuts at night. I ended up just looking over it. Same with driving into the west at night. I usually pick out roads here with good tree cover for right if I have to ride in hot weather and same if I'm heading west at dusk.

I'm not sure we ever really pull anything over on them. Usually a win by default is my best win. There has been a lot of people getting in crashes here on them and I know Jane would prefer I at least stay out of traffic if I can, which I do. I feel I do all I an to prevent getting hurt, but life has risk in it no matter what you do. Heck, you could fall off your horse, get kicked in the head, so could my wife, but it don't stop her from riding daily. And truthfully, I would not want to be the one to stop her. Thats what she wants to do. She will know when to stop and I hope I will also. I actually did stop once. I dropped my gold Wing twice stepping in holes I didn't see. Nothing hurt but my pride but I sold it. Very heavy rig, and much of it higher up than I like. Then along came the Victory and the rest is history. Woods machines are still light enough, 250 lbs average, so I can still through them around. 800lbs is a different story. I can get my feet flat on the road also with the Vic. I could not on the GoldWing, as I was on my tip toes at best. For added saftey, I dropped the Vic another inch.

I'm not much of a movie watcher unless its true, or history based. Hollywoods idea of life and my idea are miles apart.....

Geo

n/t

It keeps the wind off of me and I also have a full shield on my helmet. I do not like to look thru the windshield. When I first started riding, when riding at night I almost hit a deer on a back road just north of San Antonio and since then, I seldom ride much at night unless I have too. I know what you mean about the Gold Wing...thank goodness, my bike sets low to the ground. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

like the scene at the beginning about them being tunneled under and blown up. It actually happened!

n/t

I was glad to see that bad guy get shot towards the end, but I wish that the good guy did not have to die. I was also happy that nothing happened to the horse. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I really just played along with her, let her think that she had out smarted me! It was too hot to ride and I got to see a good movie. We have a storm heading for the Texas coast and the temperatures will be lower the next few days...I will be doing lots of riding. It is just good policy to once in a while let the women folks think that they have won a battle...this causes them to lower their guard and opens the door of oportunity for you. You will be able to laugh all the way to the dinner table. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I just played along and let her think that she had won a battle. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)