Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I think someone was using discrimination...

cubfan64

I went back to the mucky freshwater pond I recently found a 10K ring, mercs and a buffalo in and spent an hour or so searching again.

Off the sand again in the muck and mud I started hitting just a load of targets. Many were iron, but there were quite a few mid range tones and as before it was just a mess to try to dig and locate the targets, but I came up with the following - I have to believe that someone has hunted this area but was using discrimination.

[attachment 42753 121006finds.jpg]

Here's some closeups of the 10K ring (possible little diamond?) as well as the pendant. There is no .925 on the cross, but it says Italy on the back and feels fairly heavy. I'm certain there is more stuff out there - I think this spring I'll take along a floating screen and hopefully clean it out.

[attachment 42755 121006ring.jpg]
[attachment 42754 121006pendant1.jpg]

Check the loop part of the cross. The mark should be there. Italy don't make junk that looks that good! luca may disagree, but that's NICE! Nice gold ticket too! The pond's gotta have more loot, hammer it!

Nice finds it pays to get off the beaten path sometimes.

again nice job cubfan.If you have the time try using a steel rake or landscaper rake and pull leaves out of the way if only waist deep.makes digging a little easier large stainless scoop works good also.CoCo-Don Tyler

Along with the tip about using a rake to remove the leaves and twigs (wish I had thought of that up in MI).

You can make a magnetic "rake" using a long piece of wood or PVC, and attach some of those "super magnets" to them. Attach some rope to both ends. Wade out, drop the "magnetic rake" on the bottom, and using the rope, drag it back in to the shore. You should be able to remove many of those pesky magnetic targets this way, like nails, wire, bobby pins, etc. Of course, you may want to check all those items when you remove them from the magnets, as Canadian coins are magnetic and will stick.

I'll add it to my list of "detector accessories" I need to gather together this winter. I hate hunting in muck that you sink 6-10 inches into with every step, but I suppose that's why there's loot there - nobody else wants to hunt in that either :detecting:

Thanks for the hint

The ring is definitely 10K, but the crucifix turned out to be stainless steel (I love having access to all sorts of analytical instruments at work with this hobby!!!).

Oh well - 1 out of 2 is ok with me - now I gotta get out and find some more

Looked at the diamond under a high power microscope though and it doesn't look real to me - I'll probably wait until after Christmas and take all the ones I want checked into that place you recommended and see if he'll give em a quick once over.

Might even use some of my TH'ing finds to buy a few nice coins.