Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I think I need psychological help, going through severe gold withdrawal.

georgetp

During the eight months before last November I was finding about .75 gold rings each hunt. Since then I have only found three and a half gold rings. One was a $2500 retail Cartier and another was a Boucheron retail around $3000. The third was a simple gold band and the one half was a half of a custom set made out of plat and gold with diamonds. The Cartier was white gold so that one doesn't count. No gold glow in basket. Now for my problem. I have been using a PI PRO instead of the CZ20 and the darn thing just loves Plat. I just keep finding Plat. I found two in one hunt and just found another today. Since Nov I have found six and a half Plat. I think I have associated Plat color with silver color and I truly miss that golden glow. What is wrong with me? Help!! I just can't seem to get that good feeling when I find the Plat.

I'm sure that some of the good members of this forum would be glad to help George. If you want to trade your Plat for Gold just ask and you'll have a line a block long outside your door.:lol:
It has been slow since November though, no doubt about that, it's as though somebody through a switch and cut off the gold supply.
Spring is here though so just keep swinging and you'll start seeing that warm, yellow color in the bottom of your scoop again soon.

Cheers,

BDA:cool:

PS Platinum is supposed to be hypoallergenic but maybe your just allergic to the stuff.:shrug::crylol:

I feel your pain. There must be an evil curse on you PI and CZ.
My suggestion to you is to get rid of the cursed machines and relay to as many people as possible your secret hunting spots. That way the curse will be lifted.

Good Luck

My screen made that ring look pl. I just can't seem to get away from the stuff. I have rationalized that one plat ring is like finding 6 or so 10k rings of same size but it just doesn't help. There is just such a warm feeling upon seeing the gold glow in the basket. Even during night hunting the gold seems to have its own light.

Send the nasty platinum to midstates and tell them to swap it out for 1 oz. .999 fine bars of gold. You probably can git a whole bunch of 'em for platinum. Then you can just look at the gold and get your fix, that way!

It's not the having it's the finding. I miss seeing the gold in my scoop. Lately, the Japanese have been wearing more jewelry but the rings are mostly plat and to make it worse they almost all have blue sapphires inside the band. I can't even find a stone on the outside.