Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

i tested the 9x8 the 575conc.and the 10"DD on vaquero

sling

in air for a 15mm dia silver coin
9x8-30cm
10"-27cm
575-24cm

in mild soil
9x8-22cm
10"-20cm
575-18cm

in bad soil
9x8-15cm
10"-18cm
575-13cm

The 575 and 10"DD will get this small coin instantly but with the 9x8 if its little fast or slow or not exactly
at the middle it only cracks so easier to miss.I belive this 10" elliptical is the most practical coil to me.
I can cover more ground and get the small ones easily and its deeper on bad soil and little shalower on mild so summary it will get the same depth
in average.But so comfortable to use:wont pick up things from the ground and fits better between blocks.
Anyone have an objection????

The only objection I've got is I dont think I'm getting that kind of depth. Looks like I need to do some testing. Is that a round 10dd or the 21 by 10? Thanks for the post.

When I had the Lobo ST I switched from the elliptical to the 8.5" round DD coil and liked it better. It may give up a bit of sensitivity to tiny nugget type targets but on small coins I could not see a difference and it seemed to me to hit the on-edge targets better. Either way the DD coils for your ground are the best bet.

Are the test results you posted for coins laying flat or on edge? You may be surprised on the results if you did not compare them with the target on edge.

HH Tom

Interesting results. Curious - -
I don't have any objection, but in an air test, if one doesn't have ferrite to adjust the ground balance for an air test, where does or should the ground balance setting be set at?
I don't know so would a mid set point be reasonable?
FYI - I read on another Tesoro machine, that if the ground balance was fully CCW, the depth would be a bit more hitting the target as compared to the GB knob set fully CW. (don't know if other Tesoro's have the same characteristics).
Using gold machines, we used to set up air test using black sand sample. In the field, I use a gold picker - the real McCoy.

well i didnt try coin on edge but as i belive the elliptical might better for it than the 8.5dd though i never tried.
yes i heard the 8.5 dd a bit deeper than the 10" ell. but i dont know what size of target it got to be.There is coins that only 10mm dia.and the coins that lay on edge is so small basicly.So you think i should have purchased the 8.5 DD???

Thanks for the reply. I'm getting the same results on air test. Been thinking about the 12 by 10.

i have this one but it to big to be good for small coins i think.and its heavy and hard to move between blocks.I am thinking about the 8.5DD.I think the 10" and the 8.5" what i will use in the future.the only question here will i use sens on half inch dia targets with the 8.5??? if not and its little deeper than the 10" it is the best for me.what do you think?

i have this one but it to big to be good for small coins i think.and its heavy and hard to move between blocks.I am thinking about the 8.5DD.I think the 10" and the 8.5" what i will use in the future.the only question here will i LOOSE sens on half inch dia targets with the 8.5??? if not and its little deeper than the 10" it is the best for me.what do you think?

I TYPED THE USE INSTEAD OF LOOSE. SORRY.I HOPE NOW ITS UNDERSTANDABLE.

Sling

I prefer round coils over ellipticals for coin hunting. If after really small targets like nuggets then the ellipticals have the advantage but, for coins of any size I prefer round. In my experience the larger field generated by a round coil works much better on those on-edge coins.

Tom