Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I sure would have kept this find quite Anglo Saxon Gold over 1500 pieces

Over there, if you report a find of antiquities the govt will take it & sell it, but you get the money. If you don't report it & somebody rats you out, the govt takes the find, sells it, keeps the money, & you go to jail. Doesn't make any difference that you found it on private property & had the property owner's permission to dig. If it's an 'antiquity' that's the way their law works.

it is considered a treasure trove and is the legal property of the country. They do have a neat law though, if it has not changed. A treasure troves finder gets fair market value and that means that guy never has to work again.

Not good to be keeping it quite:nono:

But I won't want my name put with it, just think meeting all those family members you never knew you had, with that 20 million dollars they gave you.