Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I stopped by Bacus Pond today

Royal

on the way to town and took this picture to give a better view of what it looks like[attachment 67773 Bacuspan.jpg]

For full size, click on it twice

sure not enough to make much difference to the lakes and streams.

Fall is about to spring on us. I have a feeling the Hummers are about ready to head south

or would be in this area. Very dry month here in August. I'm hoping to hit a few rivers this week for detecting where a couple of all water wheels were long ago. Just the mill races left now, and where the pond used to be. I'm betting they still swam there after work to cool off and they lost coins. Thats my hope anyhow. Got the Excalibur on charge now. I'll get pictures from the new bridge there of where I hunt. Maybe get my buddy to take one of me in there, or me him....

Geo

eighth or ten ft deep. There are bass and pike in there. That is where I took that picture of the Osprey and the pike last week. Nice pike, at least it looked like it. Too far away to measure:super:

Post some pictures of the mills and spillways weather you find anything or not:thumbup:

detecting in. You can see some of the old dam. Where the water is now thats pretty much dried up but that is it in later fall. Now you can see the bottom and below all the old mill races. I think I have a shot here of one of the over flow water ways also. This was what the called the Sweater Mill back in the mid and late 1800's. It burned down sometime in the later 40's. Good trout fishing here with a lot of deep holes in this Natchaug River. They kayak it a lot also in the spring time. Its pretty fast along a lot of it. Just below here it gets very deep.

n/t

not enough to eliminate the drought but something to water the grass!

n/t

no matter how much it rains. It is dammed and the level is controled by a spillway.

It is a beautiful place to just hang out, There are many places like that up here. Most of the year there is absolutely nobody there, The season is about over now that the kds are back in school

n/t

Bet it's beautiful there in the fall !:cheers:

n/t