Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I snuck out on my other half today.....

AllenOK

First I had to go commune "with the boys", my fellow club members at the club's hangout. After an hour of chewing some fat, discussing life, metal detecting, etc., I headed out to worship at a dirt altar. I followed some advice from a fellow club member and found a recently scraped lot, thanks to "Urban Renewal". I had one goal in mind: If it beeps and isn't Iron, dig it! This area dates back to the '20's or so. You never know what will come up at a place like this. I've hunted this same area before, in fact, directly across the street, 4 1/2 years ago. There's a school there now.

As soon as I get out of my van and start strapping on my gear, a school bus pulls up behind me and disgorges about 20 HS kids. I could hear some of them muttering, "Man, does that guy have a metal detector?" "Dude, he's got more than one!"

I started hunting, within 10' of all the kids. First target up was a live .380 cartridge. I'm not terribly surprised. The next good target up was a yellow-colored ring. With all the kids around, I quickly palmed and pocketed it. It wasn't until I got into my van that I was able to get a good look at the ring. Looked plated. Darn.

I got several pieces of scrap copper, and many pieces of melted lead. I'm not sure why the lead is there, unless someone that lived there was into re-loading their own cartridges.

I didn't get anything really old, but then, some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you. I wasn't expecting to get much, as I know many of my fellow club members have hunted this spot, and I could see some dig holes that had beenf filled in.

HH from Allen in OK

They seemed to be more interested in gabbing with each other. Of course, it might have had something to do with the Lesche I was using to recover targets with.

HH from Allen in OK