Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I shot a deer once from this distance and

Royal

It was so close it was a hip shot. Liked to have run me down :(

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/RoyalOttmar/Videos/?action=view&current=Keiler.flv

down here in South Texas would have torn that man apart. This pig just did not act like the feral hogs that we have down here. Kelley (Texas) :)

If that's a tame hog then I never want to meet a wild one. Some of the plumbers on my last project were from South Carolina and they wanted to take me Hog Huntin'. The hogs they described were a fair bit bigger than those but that sure was a close call.

Nice Shootin',:thumbup:

PS The other videos on your page are excellent - Capt. Kirk would have made an excellent president.:rofl:

the hunter...note that the hunter shot the pig as it was breaking for freedom. Most wild feral hogs down here would have tried to tear you up if you were that close to it, not run from you. Of course, this is pure speculation on my part, based on just a few seconds of video. Kelley (Texas)

That's pretty much what those boys from S.C. told me. Those hogs don't run, they go POP!, POP!, POP! with their tusks to sharpen them up and then they do their best to rip you from groin to throat. Sounds like fun, especially if you only get to use handguns:lmfao: - just to keep it sporting.:laugh: I've stared down a black bear with nothing but a hiking staff for protection but I won't voluntarily go after a 400 lb. hog with a handgun.:crazy:

Crazy Baby,

Hogs are plumb bad news! Years ago a hunting partner of mine shot a big feral boar with a .243. All it did was annoy the hog. He got 2 more rounds from the .243 in it, I emptied a .30-30, hit it 4 times, he emptied a .45 Auto into the thing, I emptied a .45 Colt & was up in the bed of his little Jap pickup trying to reload with the thing trying to come over the tailgate after me when he grabbed an axe from somewhere & broke its neck. I think if he'd had his S&W 29, 8 3/8" bbl, loaded hot, we might have stopped the thing with gunfire, but I'm not sure of that. That thing took 3 of those baby .243 slugs, 4 180s from the .30-30, at least 5 hardballs from the auto, & six 250-gr type-metal full wadcutters backed by 17 gr of 2400 & was still comin' when he came up with the axe. It wasn't really a big hog as hogs go. It weighed about 350lbs.

they can be very dangerous if you pizz one off...they will come after you! When I was a young boy, maybe 12 or 13 years old, some feral hogs tore up one of the pastures. My father put a Marlin 30-30 rifle in my hands and we went looking for them back in the brush, but they were long gone. I will admit that I never enjoyed going back into the brush looking for outlaw feral hogs. Kelley (Texas) :)

Eastern Guadalupe County, in particular, is overrun with feral hogs. Used to be, folks charged you to hunt them. Nowadays they'll almost pay you to come out & shoot 'em. For that matter, most of the eastern part of the state & the eastern half of the panhandle is overrun with the critters. I even saw a warning sign on a highway near Childress telling motorists to bewarde of free-running feral hogs. If you hit one with a car, kiss the car goodbye. It's like hitting a brick wall.

Have you seen the pictures of 'Hogzilla?'' That thing weighed close to a ton. It was a domestic escapee--the tail was curled, which doesn't happen in nature. It was shot in Georgia a couple of years back. It was a boar, which means that thing spread its genes all over the SE. There are gonna be some
BIG hawgs over there.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hogzilla.asp