Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I seen this on the Travel Channel:'DIGFELLAS',I have mixed feelings after watching one episode....:unsure:...

warthog

First time I ever seen or heard of this show,these guys going all over the U.S.,looking for relics from America's past......
I have to say,more like BULLDOZING,shows them digging holes big enough to hide a Packard,retrieving targets the size of bullets.I seen this on line,so there were no credits,I JUST HOPE AND PRAY,that they got permission to detect these sites,from what I seen and heard,nothing said about it....AND,EXCUSE ME,BUT:I DO get excited,finding nice old coins and JEWELRY,,but these guys were screaming like two little girls,with each find,they were really into it.

I have mixed feelings about all of the detecting shows. I believe that most of them shows have contributed to the huge amount of shovels being used by the massive amount of newbies that have come to the hobby the last few years. This has also caused huge holes and bad digging in all the different public areas. Many of the places are no longer open to detecting due to bad digging practices. I have yet to see one that teaches proper digging techniques. If a person has never detected and watches these shows, by the time they are done they can assume "all I need is a detector and a shovel." Then they run to the first park or school and dig it up! Yep not a fan here. :thumbdown:

Funny, Bill Ladd is one of the VERY few people that I can watch doing metal detecting videos without puking on my shoes. I speak of his YouTube videos and not the TV show (of which I've never seen). He's Been doing this a lot longer than you and I, has amassed a huge collection, has been featured in all the major MD magazines over many years, and speaks like a normal person without the doofy intros, hemms, hawws, umms, grunts and farts, and actually edits his videos in a semi-professional way. His instructional videos are quite good. He's been a respected MDer for a long time.

I like Bill and Howard.

Nortonics said:
Funny, Bill Ladd is one of the VERY few people that I can watch doing metal detecting videos without puking on my shoes. I speak of his YouTube videos and not the TV show (of which I've never seen). He's Been doing this a lot longer than you and I, has amassed a huge collection, has been featured in all the major MD magazines over many years, and speaks like a normal person without the doofy intros, hemms, hawws, umms, grunts and farts, and actually edits his videos in a semi-professional way. His instructional videos are quite good. He's been a respected MDer for a long time.

I like Bill and Howard.
He is about the only one I can watch also. But I hardly ever do.

I haven't heard of the Dig Fellas but there is a program called, The Diggers! They have two guys that hunt in historic places by permission and all their finds are judged and rated at the end of their detecting and are given to the museums of these Historical places where supposedly no one has ever hunted or had permission! These two have fun together and spend most of their time running back and forth seeing what the other found! I imagine all their holes are covered later or the land is going to be used for something else and it doesn't matter how they leave the land, but it does leave the impression that anyone can go detecting and just use a shovel and dig holes unless they understand what program this is....just for entertainment and finding items for historical museums! This program, The Diggers, has been on for a long time, but it is on National Geographic and I am unable to get it on Dish TV, but my sister has Direct and she gets to view them and another channel she watches that I can't! I have some channels that she cannot view though, so depends on what channels that are being paid for! They don't get to keep any of their finds, so they just have fun hooping and hollering and jumping around for entertainment instead of being serious at what they're doing! God Bless! Ma

I haven't seen them, but if it was the owner of the land doing or letting them use a backhoe for digging a bottle dump, then that would be his or her business, but if it was others doing the digging without permission then it was wrong and those doing the program should say what is going on and warn people that they needed permission and they shouldn't use a backhoe.....for it might break the bottles, dishes and glassware before being dug up! I hope most people even newbies would know and see that this is wrong.....but maybe not with the stupid and dumb people we seem to have in this world now! Too many are selfish and think only of themselves which is a shame, for they ruin it for others who want to hunt and dig correctly! God Bless! Ma