Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I see Dave mention snow on Cars. :D

Royal

I just went out and took a shot of the snow on our roof. We are suppose to be getting 6 or 8 more inches tonight and tomorrow. That is odd as it is going to be zero or lower.

The one is a full sized doe on the deck last night, the rest are just a few minutes ago. That one out the doorwall is showing a deer way back waiting for me to bring out some corn. I will as soon as I finish this.

[attachment 115350 IMG_8573Large.jpg]

[attachment 115335 IMG_8572Large.jpg]

[attachment 115336 IMG_8569Large.jpg]

[attachment 115337 IMG_8567Large.jpg]

[attachment 115339 IMG_8570Large.jpg]

[attachment 115341 IMG_8571Large.jpg]

they build for up there for snow load per square foot? Do you have to shovel it off at all over the winter?
I was watching your deer last night as they came in a dusk. They passed on the green stuff for the corn. One little guy was a digging fool for a few minutes there. I usually check in at dusk. I had a few here yesterday eating a tree that fell down. the like the upper ends of them.... Not much here for feed with the ice so they are trimming back the hemlocks, the neighbors shrubs like yews and anything else they can find. With all your snow cover I assume its the same deal, eat where you can.

Geo-CT

so far I have never heard of anyone having problems. I know they are pretty strict.

I have a roof rake and have don't as much of the house as I can reach, up six ft or so but I have not done the garage but I think I will tomorrow.

Dragging that snow off the roof uses a whole new set of muscles and since we had rain a while back it is like dragging snowcone ice off instead of snow.

It is getting quite a load up there though.

There are deer out there right now. The temp is plunging. That green stuff is cabbage and they don't seem to care for it

i often wonder why some people move south when they retire,especially if they are in good health.i bet as many people die from heat related deaths when they are older as people freezing.i hear when you freeze to death you eventually just sort of go to sleep,permanently:lol:.i think it beats panting and going into convulsions.

hey,and all that snow goes to the rivers.

2 degrees while I took a shower.

If my house ever sells in Waterford I am not going to spend another full winter up here. Summer is great though and I hope to die up here. Not tonight though

they come up higher on me;)
Looks like you got a couple feet there bud, nasty but it seems you always get a lot of snow.

n/t

move it around. Even my chains are not really gripping that well on it. Really solid hard freeze...No melting for at least another week. Starting tomorrow night we get your weather and in the single numbers and below....Daytime a balmy 10 degrees but with 35 mph winds your well below zero wind chill.... At that to the dampness here in CT and its not a lot of fun out doors... We are hauling water to the barn right now. Barn water is all frozen and so is the brook.

Geo

n/t