Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I saw something very cool today

Royal

At least I though so. I did a bit of hunting today and found four and failed to find a couple.

One that I did find was way out in state land. The area is now used for dirt biking but there was nobody around today. I did a bit of bush wacking but would not have needed to if I had known the trails. I found the cashe and about twenty ft from it was a head stone.

On it was GEORGE WILSON
BORN
NOV-11,1831
DIED
JUNE 9, 1903

About fifteen ft away was the foundation of a cabin. It was almost impossible to see as it was covered with moss. I did not have a camera with me but will get a shot of it the next time I am in the area. There was a plastic flower on the ground in front of the stone. It had been there for a long time. Maybe I will take something out for old George when I go the next time.

I just thought it was nice that no idiot had distroyed it like they do so many

in and around that old foundation. Be nice to find an nice old seated in prime condition. Anyway to get the history on that from the town hall in old land records? With his last name might be easy to trace at least in local history. He pulled a decent amount of years for living back then. I have a few old cabins here, within walking distance of the house here that I keep saying I'll go detect, but never do. Perhaps before it freeze up this year. If my TO DO list gets much bigger, I'm going to need to live another 100 years to do them all...

Sounds like you had a great day out there.

Still sound like a dam seal here....be glad when this stuff is just a memory. I gots things to do, places to go, no time for this stuff...

George-Ct

might have destroyed it out of meanness! George deserves a flower or something. Next time you go, take the camera. :) PS Did you find anything else around the old home site? :)

the cashe is posted on the Geocashe site http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=bd939783-655e-4b1b-a175-97790d50f5d3

I just found the cashe, signed the book and left. I will go back with a camera though

Too often people tend to forget that there are other pioneers who were here before us and who merit being remembered.

Thanks bud!!

fair winds

Mikie

n/t