Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I saw my horses today....................

Kelley (Texas)

I drove out to my cousins place outside of Castroville, Texas to see my horses. When I drove up the driveway, I spotted them in the far side of a pasture just north of Cindy's house. Cindy met me in the driveway and we visited for a few minutes before walking over to the fence...I had to see my horses. I called for Blueberry...all three horses heads came up, looked my direction, and here they came at a full run. They followed me to the big pen by Cindy's barn where I spent some time grooming all three horses. I did have to take a short rest every so often in order to rest my legs and get rid of the pain, but it was worth it to me. I finally put them back out to pasture, but they stayed by the fence near where my truck was parked. I said good bye to Cindy and the horses and drove slowly down the driveway for the trip home...the horses followed my truck until they reached the far fence and could go no farther. As I rounded the first curve in the road away from the ranch, I looked in my rear view mirror...the horses were still standing by the far fence, looking in my direction. Gosh, that tore me up inside, but there will be another day, I will be back...I will not only be back, but will again be riding the trails on the back of Blueberry.

I think I better clean my saddle which I keep in the corner of this room, looks like some dust has settled on it. As a matter of fact, I better take my rope out back tomorrow and practice with it for a few minutes...may even try to rope that neighbors ugly nerd looking dog that keeps wetting on my truck tires. With a big smile on my face, I would like to wish all of you to have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

much needed visit and I'm sure your horses did too. I can only imagine having horses of my own. They are sure beautiful creatures!

I hope you have some luck roping that tire-wetting dog. Call me if you want me to bring my .22 down.

God Bless,

Lil Brother:):)

I have been very blessed in life and have no room to really complain. Cindy is taking good care of the horses, treating them the same way that she treats hers...no special treatment. I did notice that Tuff is getting a slight hay belly, but that is OK because he is in retirement. They all had a shine to their hair which is good. This was indeed a very good day! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

driving home i mean,i've never owned or been around horses much,just the occasional horse or shetland pony that a kid down the street folks owned.i never thought much about people getting attached to their horses.

i was watching some horse racing on t.v. today and a horse broke down and the jockey was thrown off.when i saw the horse get up i knew he was going to have to be put down.

i had just talked to my mother on the 4th about horse trainers and how they develop emotional attachments to the horses they train,you can see the emotion when their horses pull through and win.

the reason i say all that is,is in the past i never thought of horses of having much of a personality,but i learned different.

glad you got time to spend with your buddies and get out of the house.didn't know you were having problems with your legs.

castroville is the town the alsacians settled isn't it.i think they were pretty good rock masons.

There is much history in the area, and many old buildings. Cindy and Phil live about 17 miles from Castroville on a small ranch.

Yes, horses have personalities just like people. They are very smart and have a good memory. I always caution folks to remember that a horse is not a pet like a dog...they are large animals and can hurt someone in a split second. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

just do what the Doc tells you to and spend as much time as you can with the horses and things just have to get better for you.

Our best wisher are for you buddy. Keep getting better.

it's always good to see old friends. Sounds like they miss you too. Hope you get better soon and back in the saddle. Take care my friend.

Dave

I feel for you and do hope that you will get to go riding soon. I think that we all can empathize with you on seeing something that you love, and then having to let it go....even if it is only for a while.

Things WILL get better..you will be on the range again soon.

Be well friend

Sunny skies

M

I have to recognise the fact that I was very fortunate to live the lifestyle that I did...no regrets. I have some great memories, great family, and great friends which is what is really important. I have had my day in the sun light, for which I will be forever grateful. Regardless, I have not thrown in the towel just yet, and at the moment sit here typing with a big smile on my face...thinking about just how blessed I have been. Mike, please take care of yourself and have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)