Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I returned to an old park with the Equinox

fwcrawford

I finally returned to a small city park that I spent quite a bit of time at with the Sovereign starting in 2010.
I hunted there during the winter months until there was just too much controversy over a civil war statue there that has since been removed unfortunately.
Anyhow, I did quite well there with the Sovereign finding 14 silver coins, over 100 wheat pennies, some IH cents, buffalos, and one V- nickel.
This park has been there since about 1919 and still has the original sidewalks.
I took the Equinox in there last Sunday to see what else I could find.. it seems the Sovereign did its job pretty darn good while I was using it there.
I did find two wheats dated 1916 and 1925 and a 1 IH cent dated 1906 (pictured).
I also found a pretty good count of clad there.
I was somewhat surprised that I did not find more old coins, but I still believe there are more there.
I used the small coil to start with and switched to the stock coil later on, but the three coins mentioned above were found while using the small coil.
I will try more there now that it is cooling down and see if I can squeeze a few more nice finds out of there.
It seems that the Sovereign is still a very capable detector.
Thanks for looking!
IH cent.PNG
IH cent 2.PNG

Beautiful IH cent!! The equinox is working quite well for you! Now that you cleaned out all the clad, it will be easier for me to get down to business with the older, deep coins 🤭

The Reaper may just show up at the park while you are in deep sleep and harvest the coins 🤭

Attachments

• D2AFC650-93C7-43B1-A70C-FF6F21888C73.jpeg
    D2AFC650-93C7-43B1-A70C-FF6F21888C73.jpeg
    347.6 KB · Views: 88